Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Digital display changes by itself!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 07:35 PM
fotodad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital display changes by itself!

I've noticed two problems with the digital display as it relates to speed and outside temperature. If I remember right according to the owners manual, when the car is started the digital display should go to the position it was at when the car was turned off. Sometimes mine does that and sometimes it doesn't. Also, I've noticed the display will change while I'm driving without me doing anything. It's not like this is a big deal, but it is annoying. I'm contimplating whether I should tell my dealer or not since all I do is just re-adjust the display. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, what did you do about it, if anything?

Thanks for any comments.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:42 PM
2003z

How's the weather up there in WI? If the temp drops below 37, it will switch to temp, to warn you of possible frozen roads.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:04 PM
fotodad

Default Thanks 2003z!

Originally posted by 2003z
How's the weather up there in WI? If the temp drops below 37, it will switch to temp, to warn you of possible frozen roads.
Wow! I'll save all you Z owners the hassle of telling me how stupid I am. I'M STUPID!

Thanks for the info, 2003z. I did read that part in the manual, but obviously I didn't get it! You just saved me some embarrassment at the dealership, however. Speaking of the weather: IT SUCKS! We had 70º+ a couple days ago! Today's high, 36º. I'll bet it's beautiful in Georgia!