Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Windshield cracked standing still!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 07:18 PM
travs_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield cracked standing still!

<BEGIN RANT>
So, after getting my window streaking problem fixed, what happens? As I am pulling out of my garage I hear a loud *SNAP* noise, and right before my very eyes a 8 inch L shaped crack appears on my windshield!

I was like WTF? I took it to the dealer today and explained this to them, but they said glass doesn't break on its own. The service rep actually said "if this was a ford, I could write this up easy, but Nissan has such high Quality Control, Warranty claims would just kick it back."--I nearly passed out. If QC was so high, I wouldn't have had to bring it back to the dealer twice to get the freaking windows streaks fixed.

Anyhow, the windshield is like $800.00+ installation. Sucks because I have a $500.00 deductible because Washington doesn't have a glass breakage waiver law. There goes my leather seat upgrade! GRRRRRR....

</END RANT>
Old 04-25-2003, 11:35 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id reccomend complaining to someone a little higher than your service department, like nissan USA perhaps. it all depends how dedicated to this you are.

I can say that you are not the first person Ive heard this happening to. but I dont have a link for you...
Old 04-25-2003, 11:36 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, and glass can and does break by itself, its easy to get a small imperfection in the glass and then stress in the right direction will just set it off.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:44 AM
POWERZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't accept that BS response from the dealer. Glass DOES break with out impact quite often from imperfections, change in temps, stress from the windshield frame, etc. Fight this dealer until they have no choice but fix it. Go to NNA if you can't get the response you deserve. You will be doing a huge disservice to yourself and other Nissan owners if you allow this dealer to BS you out the door.

Good luck! It will be worth your effort when you don't have to pay an extra grand for nothing, and are riding in your new leather seats!