Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Ses P1283

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
exarmyguy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also getting SES P1283. I'll clear it, but comes back after 30-50 miles. I had my car tuned professionaly with Osiris about a year ago when I lived in WA state. Had no issues what so ever. I just recently moved to El Paso, TX.. and on the drive here is when I first got the CEL. I'm wondering... would elevation change cause this? My Z was tuned at 43ft elevation, and here in El Paso I'm at 3,740ft.

Also, I ALWAYS used 92 octane when I lived in WA... however, CA, AZ, NM, TX highest octane rating they offer is 91. Since my Z was tuned to 92, and now I'm stuck using 91, could that throw P1283 code?

I have a plenum spacer, CAI, borla exhaust, HFC's,.. but all of these mods were done over a year ago along with the tune, and had no issues until I drove here to TX.....
Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
exarmyguy

Bump... Anybody else with this code?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 AM
shakuya88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issue. Just P1283 after a few hundred miles. 04 GTM TT with 3" down pipes, o2's right in pipe, no non-foulers. X02 exhaust, 5/16" spacer, custom catch can. I have an wideband gauge on the side it's complaining about and it's not going lean at all. Check with cipher, and both of the AFR sensors are normal, neither is reading weird. Tuned on osiris with 600cc injectors. Car drives 100% when light is on too.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 PM
exarmyguy

Originally Posted by shakuya88
Car drives 100% when light is on too.
Same here. My Z drives fine with the CEL on... Also I noticed on my code reader it gives the same code twice, but one saying "pending"...
Old 02-22-2011, 07:38 AM
shakuya88

So I may have figured this out a little bit. So when I clear the code and learned fuel trims (makes it stay away for a lot longer) My idle and cruise are normal at 13.9-15.5 right after i clear it, and no codes. After a while it will richen itself up to be 11.1 at times at both cruise and idle and won't go to even 14.0 ever (like now) I think the code is from the ECU learning wrong, and going too rich, cause of the part throttle boost forcing full rich, it learns that and then proceeds to apply this rich condition everywhere. At which point, it realizes this is too rich and tries to lean it out, and fails. Puts it full lean and still too rich, so it triggers the code. I have no solution yet, but I think that is what is going on. Is there a way to disable learning on the ECU through Osiris?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 AM
ehsan

I have the same code. However this came after running nitrous. Subscribed!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:51 PM
shakuya88

Well I thought I had a solution for a bit there. I pulled out my MBC cause it was winter (even though the end) and plus I'm not 100% tuned yet so didn't really want to push her too hard. and well, it stayed away for a long time. But then it showed it's ugly little head again the other day. I gave up and decided to just use Osiris tuner that I have and remove the code so it can never show up again. My problem is solved, but I wish there was a way that it didn't have to go like that.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
btvenom

Well I thought I had a solution for a bit there. I pulled out my MBC cause it was winter (even though the end) and plus I'm not 100% tuned yet so didn't really want to push her too hard. and well, it stayed away for a long time. But then it showed it's ugly little head again the other day. I gave up and decided to just use Osiris tuner that I have and remove the code so it can never show up again. My problem is solved, but I wish there was a way that it didn't have to go like that.
I'm curious as I have a Osiris tune as well, I got my car tuned professionally over 6 months ago, and all of the sudden I got the 1283 code, changed Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 Sensor, and have been dealing on and off with this code. I cleared my A/F Ratio Learning, and it stayed away for at least 1000 miles, and just reared its ugly head again...How does removing the code with Osiris work, or is there another option to fix this?

I have Osiris Tune, JWT Intake, Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum, Berk High Flow Cats, Stock Exhaust.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
shakuya88

Originally Posted by btvenom
I'm curious as I have a Osiris tune as well, I got my car tuned professionally over 6 months ago, and all of the sudden I got the 1283 code, changed Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 Sensor, and have been dealing on and off with this code. I cleared my A/F Ratio Learning, and it stayed away for at least 1000 miles, and just reared its ugly head again...How does removing the code with Osiris work, or is there another option to fix this?

I have Osiris Tune, JWT Intake, Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum, Berk High Flow Cats, Stock Exhaust.
Removing the code with Osiris does just that, removes it. The car no longer has that code to turn the CEL light on for. Even if the exact parameters are met to trip the code, the ECU doesn't know the code, so it can't trip the code.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
btvenom

Removing the code with Osiris does just that, removes it. The car no longer has that code to turn the CEL light on for. Even if the exact parameters are met to trip the code, the ECU doesn't know the code, so it can't trip the code.
Does this cause any issues with the readiness monitors for emotions? I still need to pass inspection.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:53 PM
shakuya88

Originally Posted by btvenom
Does this cause any issues with the readiness monitors for emotions? I still need to pass inspection.
Not that code. If you say pulled p0420 and p0430 (cat codes) The catalyst monitor would say not equiped. It would NOT say fail. It just assumes the car didn't come with them.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:45 PM
btvenom

Deleted

Last edited by btvenom; 03-09-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Deleted
Old 03-09-2011, 06:45 PM
btvenom

Not that code. If you say pulled p0420 and p0430 (cat codes) The catalyst monitor would say not equiped. It would NOT say fail. It just assumes the car didn't come with them.
Ok thank you soo much, I can safely disable P1283 and still pass emissions. Is disabling the code the right thing to do for me?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:38 PM
shakuya88

I'm not sure, I know with the F/I it seems to be from getting over rich. Do you have wideband? or at least check the cipher logs to make sure you are not actually pulling lean on bank 2. If you are not at any point, and the code still shows up, this seems to be the only way to remove it.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 PM
btvenom

I'm not sure, I know with the F/I it seems to be from getting over rich. Do you have wideband? or at least check the cipher logs to make sure you are not actually pulling lean on bank 2. If you are not at any point, and the code still shows up, this seems to be the only way to remove it.
I don't have a wideband, and I don't have cipher either. Is there anyone in the cary/raleigh area with it that could maybe help me with this?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 PM
superblackz4me

Self diagnostic result from the dealership. Replaced the o2 sensor and still have this code.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by superblackz4me; 03-11-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 AM
btvenom

I have a 2004 350Z with Uprev tune, JWT Intake, Kinetix Manifold, Berk HFC, and JWT pop charger. I'm getting the P1283 code every hundred or so miles when I clear it and reset the A/F learning. Is it safe to disable the tune via uprev? I've checked for vacuum leaks..nothing has changed and code came on 6 months after getting the car tuned...
Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 PM
miLes.

sorry for bringing back an old thread, but i am also having the same problem.CEL turned on, scanned it, P1283 came up. Apparently from what I'm reading its sensor1 bank2.

Mechanically, i completely suck. Never really gone that deep into a car. the car is practically stock 05 (81k mi), besides some cheap cone air filter and a 3in muffler delete from the cats back. The exhaust is also a single exit.

So from what i have read so far in this thread, check the sensor, vac leaks, and spark plugs. i miss anything?

Not too sure if this pertains to the code, but the car would puff out a bit of white smoke when i accelerate. From a dead stop, puff of white smoke. Slowing down for a turn > turn > accelerate > puff of white smoke

Any information will help and thanks for your time.
-miLes.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:55 PM
lay-z

Default p1283

okay so any one have any ideas on how to get rid off this problem no solution yet any one have a solution to it
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
utubeyelper

Default Any additional ideas?

Originally Posted by lay-z
okay so any one have any ideas on how to get rid off this problem no solution yet any one have a solution to it
Bump Bump bump

Quick Reply: Ses P1283