Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

What would void your warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008 | 07:38 AM
Blackheart

Default What would void your warranty?

Im sorry if this may seem like such a noob question ....But after searching and reading multiple threads I cannot seem to find a straight answer. What would void the warranty on a new car? I ask this question cause of 2 things. I have aftermarket (work)wheels on and the tire pressure monitor is always on.
Second I do alot of traveling due to my job and sometimes it is out of state to remote towns where there no nearby nissan dealers. I have done maintence on the car ,at local firestones, and have the document to prove it to the dealer should they ask.
I truly apreciate the infomation guys. Thank you all for your time.
Old 01-29-2008 | 07:45 AM
RedBullRR

Let me drive it for a couple of days, I'm sure I can get it voided

Truth is anything that can damage the engine or drive train. Turbo, Supercharger, stage 3 clutch. Getting a cold air intake then having your engine hydro lock on you.

Doing your own oil change wont void your warranty.

Things that are not covered are wear and tear items such as clutch, and brakes. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2008 | 07:52 AM
DelayedZ

The only way an aftermarket item can void your warranty is if it is a direct cause of something going wrong, i.e. the example he used above if you put on an intake then decided to drown your car. Majoritively speaking an individual is protected via the Magnusson-Moss Warranty act.
Old 01-29-2008 | 07:53 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

The question "what will void your warranty" does not cover a lot of grey area. Only way for any aftermarket part to void a specific section of your warranty is if it was directly related to the failure of the OEM part. So, if you have an intake, rims and exhuast and your radatior dies on you, your covered. If your engine hydro locks because your cold air intake got submerged in water than, of course your not covered. There are many parts to your warranty, in which bolt on mods only cover a small portion of that.

After market stereo - altenator takes a **** - not covered Get it?

i wouldn't worry about the TPMS. Even know you could of had them reinstalled into the new rims?
Old 01-29-2008 | 08:26 AM
davidv

I would read the warranty. Very informative.