Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

drivetrain problems no resolve

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:47 PM
jim l

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry drivetrain problems no resolve

I recently leased a 350z and have noticed a whirring noise in the drivetrain. The vehicle was back to the dealer and kept by the dealer for in excess of 56 days with no resolve. The noise sounds like a bad gear lash in the rear and is audible around 70 mph in 5th and 6 th gear when your foot is off the throttle. The dealer, who has been very cooperative changed the transmission, the driveshaft and a mount to no avail. A Nissan factory tech stated that is a normal noise with this car and did not require repair. I have owned about 48 different cars and I know this is not a normal noise. In the last few years i have owned a Toyota Celica, Honda Prelude, Chrysler PT cruiser, a Prowler, Nissan Frontier, Dodge Ram and an MR2 Spyder yet non of these cars exhibited this noise. Nissan originally told me that they were going to replace the differential under good will. This got changed when they agreed to take back the car on an exchange. Now they are doing NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They also refused to change the differential as originally promised. I have found Nissan Consumer Affairs to be totally useless. Promises then no resolve. Promise of a different vehicle and then nothing. They fail to meet the needs and problems of the consumer and force us to waste our time. If your thinking of buying or leasing a Nissan go to Toyota or Honda for a real product. Did I forget to say this car has under 1200 miles on it. Glad to see they back their product. I will say that the dealership Sansone Nissan attempted in every way to meet my needs.