Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Tranny problems from 2nd to 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003 | 11:38 AM
350ZEE18

Default Tranny problems from 2nd to 3rd

Please don't get mad at me for bringing the topic up again. I just hit about 6540 miles on my Z yesterday. When I got off work, I was driving in the parking lot I switched from 2nd gear to 3rd gear at about 20 mph than I hear this loud grind. It does it a few more times than stops only in 3rd. I've been researching other peoples threads and see lots of other people having this problem. I drive my car this morning to work and it grinds 3rd again but than goes away. It seems to be doing this grinding thing when the car hasn't been started in awhile. It won't grind all the time. My question is...When I bring my car in for service on Tuesday does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to repair or replace my tranny without making several trips and bit**ing. I know if my tranny doesn't grind, Nissan will just BS with me. I really don't have a lot of spare time so I would like to try to resolve my tranny issue in one shot. If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this issue or how he or she went about this, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2003 | 03:12 PM
Dirty Dave

Hey i just had my tranny swapped out . I guess it dependes on the dealer but i took mine in with out a problem they swapped it without any hassle.
Old 08-03-2003 | 10:23 AM
John
Premier Member

If the dealer can't reproduce the problem when they drive it, they won't replace it. However, have no worries, give it a few hundred more miles, and you'll have no problem with reproducing the grind.