Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

engine dies after letting off the clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM
leg killa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine dies after letting off the clutch

ok so im driving down I-95 when i hear this weird sound comming from my 04 350z..soooo i get off the next exit and when i try to down shifted or go to neutral i noticed how hard it was..i try to accelerate at the light and i had to rev it high as hell to get the car to grab..it worked for a little bit then im guess the clutch finally went out..the dealer said that the clutch is done and i figured that because of the smell...anyways the car was not driveable after awhile..had to get it towed..the dealership is telling me that there might be a tranny issue because i guess the car wont go into neutral..how can i put the car into neutral if the clutch is totally out but then again why would the car stall when i let off the clutch?would that car not even fire up if the clutch is totally out?

opinions would be appreciated
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
julian

a slipping clutch should still let you shift into neutral. sounds like either something totally failed or it's a combination of problems. how's your clutch master and slave cylinder? leaking? fluid low?

engine should still run with clutch gone.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Escobar

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

its kinda hard to read what your asking but from what I gathered, the Z will shift into neutral without the need of a clutch. The Z will not start unless the clutch pedal is fully depressed. How did your clutch get so worn out?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:11 PM
jvega

It's possible that your clutch does not have enough pressure and it's returning due to lack of master cylinder pressure.

Mine was slipping because the slave wasn't traveling far into the clutch fork and the master is not keeping the pressure.