Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Really need some help no gauge lights....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:37 PM
surfer05rdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need some help no gauge lights....

well this is the story, i was wiring up some new interior neon lights to the floor board of the car. Well i had them wired up an when i went to turn the key to test to see if the lights worked i started to see smoke. So i turned the car off and disconnected the wires. I seen that it burnt all the coating off the wire. Well i had the wire running from the driver to the passenger side from behind the center console. Started behind the pedals and ran along the firewall till it came out the passenger side floor. But now when i turn on my key none of my gauge lights work and my radio doesnt work. The volt and oil pressure gauge still works just doesnt light up and the speed, tach all work just doesnt light up and my radio doesnt work at all now. I checked most all the fuses and they seem to be all fine. Is there a certain fuse that i might be over looking that controls the gauge lighting that i might be over looking. I really need so help guys so please help me
Old 12-30-2008, 05:11 PM
surfer05rdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can someone help me does anyone know where the fuse for the gauge lights are or the relay for the gauge light is. My best guess is that a fuse or relay went out im thinking it is a relay cuz i have looked at the fuses but i dont see ne busted