Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Weird A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:52 PM
lil_shaun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird A/C problem

So i got my alarm installed today and when I got the car back I noticed something weird with the a/c. When you put the ac to cold (60 on our cars) the car blows cold air, but as soon as you move it off the 60 to make the temp slightly warmer the ac blows hot...what I mean is instead of the temperature progressively getting hotter as you turn the **** up, it seems to only have 2 settings, very cold or hella hot. Could the alarm install have any effect on this?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
JPMfromChitown

Any luck with this? I have the same problem but with the heat. At 60 - too chilly, at one notch higher - better strip down to skivvies.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they may have grounded the alarm to your climate control wiring. When i installed my system i grounded my base ****(JL Audio) to my windsheild wiper settings and now they only work all the on or all the way off. There is no settings in between. Check wiring, thats your only shot.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Tim@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Check the interior temp sensor located at the lower portion of the drivers side dash. If it is unplugged it will do exactly what it's doing. If it is plugged in then see above post (possible wiring issue).
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 AM
jining

+1 to the interior temp sensor, i left that unplugged on mine and it had the same symptoms.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:15 PM
JPMfromChitown

I checked the sensor and it's plugged in. Plugging and unplugging made no difference.

I did have an aftermarket XM receiver installed. How do I check if it's tied in with the sensor's wiring - back at the fuse panel, near the sensor (which it isn't), or other?

I have a hunch that it's off to the shop I go. . .
Old 01-06-2009, 04:36 PM
jining

Edit: I re-read your post, if this happened after they installed you alarm then definitely take it back to them they must have either unplugged something or shorted something etc. I see this all the time at the Nissan dealer where I work, people get stereos installed at circuit city/best buy etc, and things start malfunctioning because they put a screw through a wiring harness lol..

Last edited by jining; 01-06-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Godfueledbc

I am having the same problem! I had a Viper 5701 Alarm installed (I think by an idiot...I've had several problems) and now temperature control is a problem.

Have you taken it back to the shop yet? If so, what did they tell you?

I am taking mine back in for a window problem tomorrow and would love to know for sure that this is their fault. I have taken my Z back to them 3 times now after the initial install and every time they look at me like I'm asking too much. Is it too much to ask to not have my factory alarm not go off every time I disarm the alarm and open my car door without remote starting? Or to have my windows roll up and down exactly like I paid for?

A little off subject, but has anyone had an alarm installed and then had the doors lock automatically AFTER you get in?? When I first had my alarm installed, the doors didn't lock after entry. Then, I took it back because they didn't deactivate the factory alarm...and now..the doors auto-lock after entry...which is a little annoying when you try to get out after turning the car off and the door is locked...or let the door close with the keys inside and you're locked out (already happened once)... Shouldn't the shop be able to fix this or am I really asking too much??
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Godfueledbc

Hey just FYI...I took my car in this afternoon and the tech looked at it and somehow a vacuum hose had come undone during the alarm install. He fixed that and everything works fine now. And...just a sidenote...the 'brain' on my alarm was defective. He changed it out and now everything with my alarm works right as well! Maybe he's not an idiot! Sorry, poor alarm tech guy!!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:28 PM
JPMfromChitown

I haven't taken mine in yet. I'll let you know what I find out when I do.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
JPMfromChitown

Took mine in and wouldn't you know it, it was the sensor. See, I checked to see if it was plugged in and it was, what I didn't check was if there was any bent pins. Whomever messed with it during the XM install bent a pin when reconnecting. $170 from the shop with tax. I guess I'll check it more carefully next time.