Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

wtf! the craziest thing happened at the car wash!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:52 AM
loudrims_inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf! the craziest thing happened at the car wash!!

...ok, i just want to start off by saying that i ALWAYS got my car washed by hand. I was always too paranoid to take my car into an automatic car wash because of very bad experiences the last 2 times. Anyways, on Saturday night i decided to take another shot at it..."the dreadful automatic car wash"...because i had to run errands all day and i had a hot date that night and i couldnt pick my date up in a dirty ride. So as i pulled in line, the car in front of me went in. At that point, my hands began shaking and i had a sweaty forehead due to the fact that i was face to face with the dark entrance of the car wash. I slowly entered the wash, being very cautious about scratching my wheels while lining up...after i set the car in neutral, i had a sigh of releif, until i got to the middle, and OMG, the worst thing i can imagine happened!!...WATER was POURING in thru the back of my drivers side window!! but WAIT...not only thru the window but thru the bottom of the drivers side door...I felt somthing liquidy on my leg and side of my face...i said WTFFFF, the door wasnt as bad as the window, so i barracaded an extra shirt i had against the window to stop it from raining in my car.

After the i finally got to the end of the car wash(the longest 60 seconds of my life) i investigated the problem and saw that the black "whatever u call it" was out of position, after readjusting it, i double checked it using a hose and no water came thru the window...i just cant believe that the little black squishy thing is what prevents the car from getting rained in

..in case anyone is curious as to what my last 2 bad experiences were:
1- my antenna got ripped off
2- the ppl operating the car wash let too many cars thru at once, which caused the cars to bump one another...wtf!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 AM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruff_Racer
...ok, i just want to start off by saying that i ALWAYS got my car washed by hand. I was always too paranoid to take my car into an automatic car wash because of very bad experiences the last 2 times. Anyways, on Saturday night i decided to take another shot at it..."the dreadful automatic car wash"...because i had to run errands all day and i had a hot date that night and i couldnt pick my date up in a dirty ride. So as i pulled in line, the car in front of me went in. At that point, my hands began shaking and i had a sweaty forehead due to the fact that i was face to face with the dark entrance of the car wash. I slowly entered the wash, being very cautious about scratching my wheels while lining up...after i set the car in neutral, i had a sigh of releif, until i got to the middle, and OMG, the worst thing i can imagine happened!!...WATER was POURING in thru the back of my drivers side window!! but WAIT...not only thru the window but thru the bottom of the drivers side door...I felt somthing liquidy on my leg and side of my face...i said WTFFFF, the door wasnt as bad as the window, so i barracaded an extra shirt i had against the window to stop it from raining in my car.

After the i finally got to the end of the car wash(the longest 60 seconds of my life) i investigated the problem and saw that the black "whatever u call it" was out of position, after readjusting it, i double checked it using a hose and no water came thru the window...i just cant believe that the little black squishy thing is what prevents the car from getting rained in

2- the ppl operating the car wash let too many cars thru at once, which caused the cars to bump one another...wtf!
Sorry to hear that man.

I would've never gone back to an auto-wash after the first two experiences...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 AM
freedonutss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you go through the touchless automatic car wash or the **** with flying octopus tentacles tearing up your clearcoat?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 AM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by 350ZEEEEE
Sorry to hear that man.

I would've never gone back to an auto-wash after the first two experiences...
yea i kno but im an aries so that explains it lol
Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 AM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by freedonutss
Did you go through the touchless automatic car wash or the **** with flying octopus tentacles tearing up your clearcoat?
its a brand new "BRUSHLESS" car wash thats about a city block long...longest car wash i ever been to!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
yoshe77

dude stay the f@ck away from those auto carwashes and take your z to a shop to check both doors
Old 08-04-2009, 11:04 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

3 - now you need to polish and wax the entire car because those automatic car washes use detergents that are not paint friendly. They're not "touchless" for no reason. Figure on 8 hours or ~$200.

Last edited by scotts300; 08-04-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:10 AM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by scotts300
3 - now you need to polish and wax the entire car because those automatic car washes use detergents that are not paint friendly. They're not "touchless" for no reason. Figure on 8 hours or ~$200.
yea im actually going to give it a hell of a detail job this wknd since the weather should be nice
Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 AM
duro78

1 of your bad experiences was your fault, why would you leave the antenna screwed in. They even have signs that say either unscrew your antenna or put it down
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

yea im actually going to give it a hell of a detail job this wknd since the weather should be nice
Spend most of your timing polishing - hopefully you have a DA machine. If not, order the UDM DA (which aggravatingly is on sale now: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/udm-daspol-na.html). Polish one day, wax the next. Clay bar before polish if necessary (which is likely).
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Sor

Damn, that sucks. Hope the date went better than the car wash lol.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by duro78
1 of your bad experiences was your fault, why would you leave the antenna screwed in. They even have signs that say either unscrew your antenna or put it down
sorry i didnt mention but the antenna was from my old Buick Park Ave(Boat) and the antenna didnt go down when i turned off the radio...i found out the hard way
Old 08-04-2009, 11:47 AM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by scotts300
Spend most of your timing polishing - hopefully you have a DA machine. If not, order the UDM DA (which aggravatingly is on sale now: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/udm-daspol-na.html). Polish one day, wax the next. Clay bar before polish if necessary (which is likely).
dangggg...they are out of stock...gotta do some browsing for that
Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 PM
*ICE*

wow... usually before i go out on a date, I spent 15 minutes cleaning the car with Meguair Quick Detailer. It can clean off any dirts, make your car clean and shine again. I literally spray and wipe.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by *ICE*
wow... usually before i go out on a date, I spent 15 minutes cleaning the car with Meguair Quick Detailer. It can clean off any dirts, make your car clean and shine again. I literally spray and wipe.
takes me 45 minutes to wash and spray wax the car..
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Originally Posted by Sor
Damn, that sucks. Hope the date went better than the car wash lol.
haha...

I would have been pissed. This one time i had a date an was gonna take her to my first lakers game i was on my way to pick her up an hit a ladder doin 80+ on the fwy.. FML sh*t happens.

Hand washes work
Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 PM
*ICE*

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
takes me 45 minutes to wash and spray wax the car..
I usually dont wash. Just use the Quick Detailer. It acts like wash+wax to save you time
Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Chief2884

I usually dont wash. Just use the Quick Detailer. It acts like wash+wax to save you time
+1 Works great for me to
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Needless to say. You deserved it after not learning from the multiple incidents. I would rather go in a dirty ride then go through that drive through.

And you can't always use Quick Detailer..when its too dirty it's just too dirty for QD.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:48 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

If we want to get technical, Meguiar's QD is not a wash+wax, as it does not have any wax in it. If you want the quick wash+wax, you need to put this on a basically clean car:

Quick Reply: wtf! the craziest thing happened at the car wash!!