Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch won't disengage. 2003 g35 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 01:02 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MDeezy
if your clutch peddle was improperly adjusted then your new clutch would suffer the same fate. an improperly adjusted clutch peddle to cause that would have to have a grap point so low that basically the clutch does not properly dis engage. If so you new clutch would exhibit the same symptons plus a setup with an error such as that will display its errors early before failure.

If there was greese involved plus high temp heat, I would think he should have found traces of greese (which he might have) but most greese used in MT applications can tolerate high temps of heat.

Did you bleed and adjust the clutch before you installed the current clutch that is in the car now? If not then theoretically I would think the same issue would have manifested itself.
I thought the same thing. I bled and adjusted hte clutch when i installed it. It had about 1.5-2" of travel before it started engaging which was how i've always had my clutches.

Before this most recent clutch went in i replaced all the hydraulics, it was properly bled, and again i re-adjusted the pedal heigh. I have plenty of play before the clutch engages and i can hear the twin disk rattling with the clutch in (due to no pressure on it).

I was almost certain my clutch pedal was properly adjusted. It lasted about 600 miles and then the first full day at hte dragstrip. I thought it would fail well before that if I had it installed wrong. He also said there was no trace of grease smear.

I'm not going to argue with them though. They were very nice about the whole situation and even though i didn't get a new clutch out of it i get a certificate showing it was inspected and no mechanical damage or defect was found on it.

side note: the os clutch hasn't had any issues at all with my clutch adjustments.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This car is far from stock so since it's not a nissan OEM clutch it really has nothing to do with that lawsuit.