Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Throttle response...sluggish?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely let you know, I think itll be done tomorrow, parts coming later today. Cant wait either. Been driving my GF Honda Accord since Saturday.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 AM
TJGILROY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know it sucks....i had a pivot bolt for my clutch pedal break...had them replace my clutch with a clutchmasters...i hated waiting for it! i hope it will solve the problem though, i feel your pain!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Firebase99

Fricking aftermarket clutch got hung up in PA, Im in FL, now I have to wait til Thursday. DAMN YOU ALL!! LOL!!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya.. the stomp... rev... then lurch sounds more like clutch to me. I'm not getting the rev or lurch part, just stomp and for a fraction of a second, there is a delay then the engine decides to get happy. It's almost like it's taking the ECU a second to process the full throttle command.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Firebase99

Originally Posted by uglyduc
Ya.. the stomp... rev... then lurch sounds more like clutch to me. I'm not getting the rev or lurch part, just stomp and for a fraction of a second, there is a delay then the engine decides to get happy. It's almost like it's taking the ECU a second to process the full throttle command.

Very well may be, try the manual reset, might help.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM
kingofcarz350z

hey i have a 2003 touring with aem cai and jwt lightweight flywheel and clutch... ive had the sluggish problem for a while and i just recently put the flywheel and clutch in... no help... one day i looked at my intake piping and i see that its a little off.. so i take it apart and put it back together.. throttle response was better but not its starting to come back.. im starting to notice though that when its cold it tends to be worse.. also when i have afull tank of gas my car runs like a dream... i do have aftermarket tail lights but my check engine light is not on...still looking for the solution
Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Firebase99

Originally Posted by kingofcarz350z
hey i have a 2003 touring with aem cai and jwt lightweight flywheel and clutch... ive had the sluggish problem for a while and i just recently put the flywheel and clutch in... no help... one day i looked at my intake piping and i see that its a little off.. so i take it apart and put it back together.. throttle response was better but not its starting to come back.. im starting to notice though that when its cold it tends to be worse.. also when i have afull tank of gas my car runs like a dream... i do have aftermarket tail lights but my check engine light is not on...still looking for the solution

MAF sensor, try resetting the ECU and follow the idea about the tailights maybe.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:12 PM
MJM Z

I just encountered this problem today. Well, actually it happened once a couple months ago, but I ignored it and it went away. I was driving home on the interstate for about 20 min, and when i got off and got stopped at red lights, this is where it happened, several times. It might have something to do with the temps being above 100 around here today. I barely made it into the mall, but when i left the mall and went home everything was fine.

I'm pretty sure it's not a clutch issue with me b/c when i parked i sat in the lot and revved for a few minutes and it was very unresponsive.

No mods btw. I'll give MAF and ECU a try but I'm sure it'll be fine tomorrow. ugh!