Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

low idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 02:08 PM
demundus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low idle problem

A change from my other posts from months ago, this car has actually been running pretty darned nice since fixing all of my headaches related to a used Z. Here's the issue now.

Was having high idle issues since I accidentally fubar'd my throttlebody... no worries a new one arrived today! I did the entire reset sequence BEFORE i did anything to the car just to make sure I wasnt spending money for nothing. All of a sudden my high idle is replaced with a low idle. An almost stalling idle. The car runs great under throttle and i went around the block several times with out incident. However at stop signs and such, i would watch the idle fall to nothing. So I said, !@#% it and i took the damn thing apart and put the new TB on. I also took this time to check all the hoses, spark plugs and clean the plenum. I put the car back together and did the entire reset process again for the new TB learning and such and....

No change... in addition I threw a P0102 code, which was weird so I came back to look it up and I found the ECU reset suggestion. So I did it again and it went away.

I'm still idling low, almost to the point of stalling, and there are NO check engine lights after ~15-30 minutes of testing. The car sits uncomfortably at 400ish rpms and will try to creep lower. even with the new TB and all. Its aggravating. I've done the ENTIRE reset procedure so many times, checked all the hoses, clamps etc; and still low idle. The car runs just fine and accelerates and cruises without issue, but when it comes to idle... bleh.

Any ideas?

Last edited by demundus; 08-14-2010 at 02:12 PM.