Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Rattles and other noises...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Enron Exec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattles and other noises...

Im at 15k miles and 7 months in my Z and ive noticed some new rattles. Does anyone have a rattle comming from the plastic in the empty NAV compartment? Also, does your HomeLink rear view mirror rattle? I want to put a fat rubber band around it to hold it together. I also think their is a loose wire between the roof of my car and the cloth in the cabin above the driver side sun visor. When going over small bumps in the road, i can hear something like a scratching sound as if a mouse is scurring around in the space in my roof.

If you have any of these noises and/or have ideas on how to fix them, please do share! Thanx.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:57 AM
billg

I also have a rattle that sounds like it is coming from behind the empty nav compartment. It doesn't seem to be the door that is rattling. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:58 PM
vincenzobar

All i got to say is ai never heard a car vibrate so much in the doors from the speakers as bad as this car does. I want to dynomat the doors and everything but that is going to weigh down the living crap outa my car. And i noticed a vibration from "somewhere really bad before the cross swap on feathered/cupped tires.

its just a plastic car!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:08 PM
350z03

Default Re: Rattles and other noises...

Originally posted by Enron Exec
Im at 15k miles and 7 months in my Z and ive noticed some new rattles. Does anyone have a rattle comming from the plastic in the empty NAV compartment? Also, does your HomeLink rear view mirror rattle? I want to put a fat rubber band around it to hold it together. I also think their is a loose wire between the roof of my car and the cloth in the cabin above the driver side sun visor. When going over small bumps in the road, i can hear something like a scratching sound as if a mouse is scurring around in the space in my roof.

If you have any of these noises and/or have ideas on how to fix them, please do share! Thanx.
Before I traded my Z, the dealership offered to replace the rearview mirror for the rattle. I also had my center console replaced.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:14 PM
schimmel1977

I had that same problem with the rear view mirror, had it replaced like 3x. Found that taking tiny piece of black felt and shoving it between the mirror and plastic frame that holds the mirror made it stop.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my exhaust overwhelmes all my rattles.. especially when I crack the window open a bit *poof* rattles gone!
Old 09-23-2006, 03:31 PM
bamyi

yeah, I have those same exact rattles plus others. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Cannysage
my exhaust overwhelmes all my rattles.. especially when I crack the window open a bit *poof* rattles gone!
I do the same in my car when my wife starts talking.