I dont want nissan to do this

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Bomb0314

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chodalak
there is a good story. ask and i will tell
do tell.

I had someone hit my car and he paid me cash to fix my car... so I never had to tell the insurance about the accident. but if/when I sell my Z, I plan on telling the person that it was hit lightly and I have pics/invoice/receipts/everything to show/tell the would be buyer...

So I can understand not telling the insurance, but the way you asked the question originally sounded fishy and thats probably why the reaction you got.

Last edited by Bomb0314; 02-15-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:10 AM
SSNOS

OP - Whether you're taking the Z to your grave or going to sell it later. One way or the other you FAIL as a human being.

Pay yourself to keep clean title for later sale - Fail
Pay yourself to hide from insurance = Insurance fraud - Fail

If your air bags deployed then the accident is significant enough to report. Which brings up another issue of leaving a scene of an accident without notfying authorities. Most places have laws that require reporting an accident if damage is over a certain limit (usually $500-$1500)
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
chodalak

https://my350z.com/forum/new-owners/...shed-my-z.html

there is how my crashed happen if you care, but i got ran of the road and hit a tree
lol

anyways i think everyone on this forum know about my crash as iv been asking for help and looking for parts for months!
but yea im sure it was how i worded it, and people seem to be always picking a fight on the internet and calling me a disgrace to Canadians when i work full time for the military and go overseas (naval electronics engineer) so people can keep there pretty designer jobs.

anyways i never plan on selling the car...
A) because i LOVE this car..
B) the value of the car is like 3000 because of this crash
C) it will make a nice track car in the future and a car to play around with

if i would have told insurance company about crash they would have written it of not for safety reasons but for cost/benifit ratio and i didnt want that, so i took the weight of the cost..over 7000 all i need is airbags so i can get it safety

i dont plan on selling the car..but if i do ill direct them to my forum if i do
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 AM
SSNOS

Makes no sense. If the Insurance was to write it off. You could have recieved the proceeds and bought the car back as salvaged and not have to dish out all that dough. The only people that care about whether the title is designated as clear/salvage are ones that plan on selling.

If you're keeping it than who cares if it says salvage. Especially if you're gonna track it.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well this took a turn for the worst
Old 02-15-2011, 07:58 AM
chodalak

i use insurance only when i rear end a lambo, or i kill someone.
i have enough money to fix it myself. im sorry if you dont SSNOS

i want it a clean title to i can insure it later.

and if you make a claim, the insurance will get there money back and thensome over time

and im glad there are such honest people like you that report when they get a scratch

btw your very rude
Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Be sure to let your insurance company know you don't have airbags as well, as they are probably giving you a discount for them now. Meaning any accident you are in where they would normally deploy and don't would give them grounds to investigate and potentially deny your claim.

Also, you are assuming that you will outlive the car, with your plan to tell the next owner about the missing airbags.

bottom line: just pony up.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Naoh_97

i have a salvage titled car and they still let me insure it, fiance does as well. I dont see how reporting this would cause you to not be able to insure the car. They would prob total it, but you could buy it back for next to nothing and replace/ upgrade parts with the insurance money and use the 7k for more upgrades, to get a cheapo dd, a down payment on a nicer car, or keep in your pocket. But basically Im saying why dont you think it will be insurable with a rebuilt or salvage title?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:28 AM
chodalak

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Be sure to let your insurance company know you don't have airbags as well, as they are probably giving you a discount for them now. Meaning any accident you are in where they would normally deploy and don't would give them grounds to investigate and potentially deny your claim.

Also, you are assuming that you will outlive the car, with your plan to tell the next owner about the missing airbags.

bottom line: just pony up.
ohh, lol the point of this thread was to find someone who can put them in for me!
i have airbag parts coming in so the car will legally be saftied and everything.

and nah the value of the car is gone to ****, cuz of the crash, its only worth something to me now so i wont sell it
but if it comes down to it, im honest, ill tell the person about everything
Old 02-15-2011, 08:35 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you been on this site before? How did you think this would end well.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:41 AM
chodalak

Originally Posted by Naoh_97
i have a salvage titled car and they still let me insure it, fiance does as well. I dont see how reporting this would cause you to not be able to insure the car. They would prob total it, but you could buy it back for next to nothing and replace/ upgrade parts with the insurance money and use the 7k for more upgrades, to get a cheapo dd, a down payment on a nicer car, or keep in your pocket. But basically Im saying why dont you think it will be insurable with a rebuilt or salvage title?
i want my insurance to be spotless, i haven't had any claims in 5 years since i have been driving, no tickets for speeding or anything. and i figured i could pay out of pocket. kinda like when you rear end someone you sometimes don't wanna go through insurance so it doesn't go up.
and i dont know about any buy back things with totaled cars and such?

well within the month ill have a cool new hood, bumper, radiator, and everything to make it work.
passenger airbag and control and seat belt stuff

the car will be completely legal and safe to drive...just insurance will never have known about my accident
Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 AM
chodalak

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Have you been on this site before? How did you think this would end well.
hhahaha i should have worded it better! but it doesn't really bug me except for being called a disgrace to canadian members...

but i sorta expected it, but everyone assumed i had bad intentions.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
PunkinDave

If a police report was filed when the car was towed, then CarFax already has it on record.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
chodalak

Originally Posted by PunkinDave
If a police report was filed when the car was towed, then CarFax already has it on record.
nope i towed it myself to save $$, anyways i figure ill just install the bags myself im smart enough