Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

HELP!! Need some advice! Have a problem my Z..

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 AM
anedelen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!! Need some advice! Have a problem my Z..

Hello all and thanks for reading this! I'm going to describe everything that's going on with my Z and hopefully I can get someone can tell me what it could be or at least point me in the right direction.

Any advice is apprepicated!!

Ok, I have a 2004 Nissan 350z automatic with about 90,000 miles and I haven't had a single mechanical problem until a couple days ago. I was out and when I tried to start my car it wouldn't.. It just clicked and nothing for about 45 mins.. but I finally got it started and I went to autozone and had them test the battery and alternator and they said it was fine. So bought it home turned it off and tried to restart it and nothing... Anyways long story short.. I had to take it to a repair shop and they said the alternator went out and when that happened it killed the battery.. So I let them go ahead and fix it..

Well they didn't fix it.. it starts but that's it and they won't look at it without there being a shitload of charges involved.

So these are my current problems...

Check engine light, slip light, and trc off light is on.. (weren't when I took it in)

When I start my car it'll start but as soon as I turn it over it sounds like its gonna die.. gets really quiet for about 15-30 sec and sounds like the engine has lost it's power and sounds like it's gonna shut off.. It has shut off a few times as soon as I started it..

When in park the engine is loud.. Sounds strained..

When I drive it it's VERY JERKY! It will not go over 2.5 rpm when accelerating and if is does just slightly it gets extremely jerky. If I keep it under 2rmp its okay and still a smooth ride.

When I come to a stop it stalls and just idles for a few sec and sounds like its gonna die.

Okay.. that's all the issues I can identify myself at the moment

I did take it to autozone again and got it tested and got codes: p0102 MAF sensor circuit low input and p0113 IAT sensor circuit high input..

I feel like the repair shop is trying to screw me over and it's making me mad! So I'm just looking for ideas for what you think may be wrong...

Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 12:28 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

sounds like limp mode;

use search.

I have done this for you, and before before davidv ( score:McCann, 1)

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=13352138

then when youre done, google "celiling cat" ........and that will make you feel much better and laugh a bit.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 PM
anedelen

Ok, that does sound like part of the problem I'm experiencing.. what could have sent my car into a limp mode? and how serious is that?? expensive? thanks!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
anedelen

Could a bad MAF sensor or a bad connector of my MAF sensor cause my car to go into limp mode?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 PM
pce60

Tell everyone not to go to that shop!