Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

HELP!!! Window problem... Not the common problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:32 PM
350z>S2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Window problem... Not the common problem

Ok so It all started when my iPod cable broke, so I pulled my newly installed pioneer unit out in order to disconnect the USB and reinstall a new cable. Before I started I disconnected the battery. Ok everything was fine but I had to open the passenger door( which was left closed ) so I reached across and manually unlocked it with the battery disconnected and opened the door the window was still fully up but I managed to clear the roof. However when I was all done with the radio reinstall, I went to connect the battery back before I closed the passenger door. I simple rolled it down a little then closed it and rolled it back up, so i wouldnt have to worry about rubbing again. Anywho now when I open the passenger door the window goes down but not all the way enough to have ample space to clear. Say it's suppose to go down 10mm it only goes down 6 or 7mm. But when I close the door it seals fine. I'm wondering if I misaligned the window bc of manually unlocking and opening while the batter was disconnected? It worked fine before. Drivers side is good. Thanks!!! Sorry for the long entry
Old 06-25-2011, 11:05 PM
smirk

Try rolling both windows down all the way, disconnect (-) battery terminal for like 5 min, then reconnect and see if it's better.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:20 AM
350z>S2k

Thanks, but I've tried all things imbibing disconnecting battery, I'm going to pull the panel off and try to reset the motor see if that works. I think the motor us fine tho