Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

VDC Problem, Have Video....Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Tanman1986
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry VDC Problem, Have Video....Need some help

Well i just replaced the Header Gasket and after i put everything back together my VDC lights wont turn off!!! The wont turn on until i move 3 or 4 ft and then they kick on and wont turn off until i turn the car off, I have already disconnected the battery and let the ECU rest, but that did not good. I checked all the fuses (Inside and under the hood + the ones in the back of the battery as well and they are ALL fine) Now i did have to remove the steering column U-joint. So maybe i messed up the steering angle sensor Anyways here is the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUGJfQ4v-w
Old 08-24-2011, 02:13 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Since you touched the steering column u-joint, my first guess would be that you have the steering angle sensor. Judging from the video, your wheel looked like it was turned to the right.

Autozone to clear the codes - what were the codes??? That might be of some value in determining the problem.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Tanman1986
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Since you touched the steering column u-joint, my first guess would be that you have the steering angle sensor. Judging from the video, your wheel looked like it was turned to the right.

Autozone to clear the codes - what were the codes??? That might be of some value in determining the problem.
It is turned a little to the right. Im going to fix that in the morning. one of the codes was for the Traction control system I thought after you cleared the code the steering angle sensor was supposed reset and go away?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:15 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If your steering angle sensor is not adjusted properly, when the front wheels are facing straight forward, the steering wheel will be off to either side. When you start moving, if the wheels are all turning at the proper rates, but the SA sensor thinks the car is being turned, that confuses the system and throws the lights and codes.

Track down a copy of the FSM and look up the instructions on how to reset the SA sensor.