Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Cranking problems!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:34 AM
nachospizza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone help me? Is it really the Anti Theft System causing this problem? Or something else???

Originally Posted by nachospizza
Thanks! So you mean the Anti theft alarm system? Also yesterday when I drove for half an hour... park my Z... wait inside my Z for my gf for like half an hour, I crank it up again some weird thing happened my Z crankup but not like the normal powerful crank it crank like weak... crank up and the rpm was like really low and the car shudder shake while the engine was running weakly... I know something wrong so I shut it off for like 3 sec and crank up again it crank up normal and rpm went normal again!

Today it crank up fine in the morning! It is weird I wonder what's wrong??? Have replaced so many parts already!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:20 AM
nachospizza

What about Fuel Pump?? What are the sympthoms of having a bad fuel pump? I rather found out earlier so I have it replaced than getting a tow in the middle of a freeway!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 AM
nachospizza

HELP!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 AM
laurentj23

Check your plugs. Good luck trying to reach that on the vq.
Check your fuel systems components. fuel filter will be the first thing I check.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 AM
nachospizza

Spark plugs are pretty new and change a complete new fuel pump unit and fuel filter (which I found out from shop that the fuel filter built inside the fuel pump unit). Car startup fine for two days... today startup fine in the morning cold start... then drove around... parked for like give hours... come back trying to startup it just keep cranking for first attempt... so switch off wait for couple seconds then start again and it fireup... so tell me what can caused this problem??? I replaced many new parts already! It would be suck if the Anti-Theft system is causing the problem...??? Can anyone give me some idea?

Originally Posted by laurentj23
Check your plugs. Good luck trying to reach that on the vq.
Check your fuel systems components. fuel filter will be the first thing I check.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 AM
ttreber

In my mind, ur telling me what's wrong. U replaced the crank sensor & now u have a metailic noise & intermitent start. The sensor is in contact with the flywheel. Remove the sensor & u will see the problem. (some of them
need a shim)
Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I don't know how many people have mentioned fuel filter, iirc, the DEs dont have fuel filters…

I had P0306 back in 2010 and it was the cam shaft position sensor…but my car cranks/started/ran normal, the only issue was a constant check engine light...
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM
shystieone

i have this same problem. Its embarassing when you're trying to start the car and it dies on you once or twice and ppl are just there staring at you. Its not the battery for sure, because I had that replaced, thinking that was the cause. It seems to happen on warm/hot days when the engine has already warmed up. IE: stopping by the convenience store. I brought the car to the dealership before and they couldn't "replicate" the problem, since its random. But my car DOES start up rather weak sometimes (rpm drops down so low its about to stall, then jumps back up to 750-1000). BTW, I have a 08 Z, MT, 44,000 miles, but I first had this issue @ 30,000 miles
Old 08-10-2013, 07:42 AM
nachospizza

I change a brand new fuel pump unit and it did solve the problem of rpm drops low and stall. But when it cranks one or two times before it starts it is probably the NATS problems... and it is expensive to fix because you have to replace the NATS Antenna and also the BCM and also the Keys that's what I heard... but my Z startup fine after I replaced the whole fuel pump unit... you should try this first!