Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch release pedal stopper

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Clon3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch release pedal stopper

Hey guys,

This morning, I noticed one of my Clutch pedal stopper fell out. It's hard to explain, but you know how there are 2 pedal stoppers on the clutch. One at the end where you push the clutch in to start the car. There is a black node that the pedal stoppers pushes in for you to be able to start the car. Well on the opposite end on the clutch release, there is another black node that the pedal stopper pushes when clutch is fully released.

Well that Pedal stopper plastic piece fell out and now that black node doesn't get pushed in on full clutch release. The car is totally fine and the clutch Pedal actually feels better now. What exactly does this black node do and should I be concerned if this node doesn't get pushed in at all?

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 04-14-2012, 05:52 PM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe the top bumper is what the clutch release pedal switch is for. If the switch isn't pushed in your cruise control wouln't work (assuming you have cruise control).

Originally Posted by Clon3
Hey guys,

This morning, I noticed one of my Clutch pedal stopper fell out. It's hard to explain, but you know how there are 2 pedal stoppers on the clutch. One at the end where you push the clutch in to start the car. There is a black node that the pedal stoppers pushes in for you to be able to start the car. Well on the opposite end on the clutch release, there is another black node that the pedal stopper pushes when clutch is fully released.

Well that Pedal stopper plastic piece fell out and now that black node doesn't get pushed in on full clutch release. The car is totally fine and the clutch Pedal actually feels better now. What exactly does this black node do and should I be concerned if this node doesn't get pushed in at all?

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Clon3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks! My cruise control isn't even hooked up in the first place so I guess it shouldn't post any concerns. Thanks!