Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch will not Disengage all the way

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Tantaro348

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch will not Disengage all the way

Hello I have 04 350z with the cd007 transmission and the jwt flywheel clutch combo kit. It has been running great for about 6 months but recently after a track day, I have been having trouble disengaging it. The car will not go into any gear while its running. although if i start it in first and get the car rolling, it will pop into the next gears with a bit more force then i would normally but definitely not harsh. I have replaced the master, slave, and bled that thing like crazy. And i have even taken out the tranny to see if it was the pressure plate, but it seems to be fine. now when i flush the fluids, it will work fine for about 1 hour of driving time then slowly get worse and worse, especially after i leave it parked. I have also tried the clutch pedal adjustment. If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 AM
juelz86z3303

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantaro348
Hello I have 04 350z with the cd007 transmission and the jwt flywheel clutch combo kit. It has been running great for about 6 months but recently after a track day, I have been having trouble disengaging it. The car will not go into any gear while its running. although if i start it in first and get the car rolling, it will pop into the next gears with a bit more force then i would normally but definitely not harsh. I have replaced the master, slave, and bled that thing like crazy. And i have even taken out the tranny to see if it was the pressure plate, but it seems to be fine. now when i flush the fluids, it will work fine for about 1 hour of driving time then slowly get worse and worse, especially after i leave it parked. I have also tried the clutch pedal adjustment. If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you.
ive been running the jwt set up for 5yrs plus now.
i had the same problem when i changed my 3rd clutch. my master and slave gave out i dont track my car but i drive far to other states and this is something that happend coming back from vegas one month. so ur version have the eccentric trhowout bearing(they do have an upgraded one aswell) in the trans might wanna take a look at that and the clutch pivot. i got the cz pivot and the nsimo roller bearing and the z1m.s. beefy a$$ clutch fork and my pedal is stiff as hell now also i dont get that ennoying squeel that the throw but bearing makes no more... hope this helps on what ur problem is also if u did the jwt upgrade like i did u might wanna get rid of that rubbish clutch line and get ur hands on a ss clutch line as i did. 03 enthus...

just search for the upgrade components for ur trans . and it should be solved.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
tinlok

I am having the same problem here. I had the same kit installed almost 1 year ago, and had no track days. 2days ago I couldn't put it into gear and it's stuck on my driveway. the clutch Pedal travel is fine so i don't think it's the master or slave cylinders.

could it be the throw out bearing? i'm guessing i'll have to tow it to a shop for them to figure out what is going on.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Similar problem here but not as severe. Can drive around at normal pace without problems. When pushing a bit it has trouble disengaging. Posted my thread a few days ago. Advice is to adjust the clutch pedal but I don't see how I can adjust it so it engages higher up (mine is engaging low) and get it to disengage the clutch further. Seems like those are opposite adjustments to me.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:21 PM
bmyles

If you extend the rod on the master cylinder, it will engage higher up. The thing is, if your pedal is starting to engage lower and lower, you need a new master cylinder. It means it's losing its seal. Just had mine crap out recently. $38 shipped from Rock Auto and you're good to go.