Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

loose/extra play with clutch disengaged

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
checkit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loose/extra play with clutch disengaged

This is an '07 with 35k miles and an RJM bracket on the clutch so theres no issue with the oem spring on the clutch pedal. at the top with the clutch fully released there's some wiggle room and you can depress the clutch , seeing the master cylinder rod moving but there's about a 1/2" of travel before anything is actuated. its returns fine and shifts fine but that awkward chunk of space up top makes accurate shifts difficult. You can keep pressure on the pedal at the top so that it doesn't fully release and then you can get perfect shifts. any ideas what could be wrong? I just had the system bled so its not air in the lines and there are no apparent leaks. its almost as if the friction point moves so that the clutch engagement point varies when you let it fully release at top where as if you don't let the pressure off it will engage at the same point every shift.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Dude1312

hmm i thought this was normal i have an 08 about 42,000. mine does the exact same thing, but it has done this as long as ive had it. so if this isnt right i would like to know as well. i have gotten use to i it and do as you said just keep a little pressure on it.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM
checkit

I've been tempted to adjust the cruise control switch to stop the clutch travel at the top but would that ruin the TO bearing? to me it seems like you can get rid of the slop before anything actually engages.