Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

smacked a curb with my z and now..

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Red
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smacked a curb with my z and now..

when i drive over 40 mph it's all f-ed up.. so i took it to a mechanic who at 1st said it was a bent rims and tried to bang it out with a hammer he said go for a spin and if it shakes come back... so iwent back on the raod and it was much much better but when i hit 60 mp... it shook like crazy again.. so he than took the tire pff and went to balance it on the machine...and the tire was wabling like crazy... he said the rims is screwed and u need a new rim... didnt have the size.. thank g-s its just a black steel rim (snow tire)16".. now fo u guys think i need to do a allighnment? i called nisan and service was closed byut the guy was like maybe u have bent tire rod ends, and bolts and under body damage.. and that this would cost hudreds... **** i ma soo pissed.. does anyone here think from the sounds of this that i have underbody damage? I ma using logic here and suuming that if the rim was bent on the balance machine that its obviosuly the rim and fine i need a new rim... i duuno... any advice would be appreciated .. ****in snow! i hot the curb at 10-15 mph... dead on.. not that hard
Old 01-13-2004, 04:13 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, you need an alignment. The price of the alignement will be about the cost of the tire you will need to prematurely replace if the car is not aligned so might as well get it done.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:25 AM
NY 350Z

yup definetly...also next time dont have the guy bend back an aluminum wheel with a hammer,it will make little cracks in the rim for air to pass through,you can only do that with a steel wheel.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Red
Banned

Hye guys thanx for your input ,, anyways i took it to Nissan and thank g-dddd all i needed was a black steel rim,, a newq snow rim... 110$$ no allignment was needed ..