Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Main cooling fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
aukword1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Main cooling fan not working

Okay, so here is a little bit of history on the subject...I just had my engine replaced a few weeks ago and after about a day of having it the radiator cap erupted and my car over heated a little...I replaced the radiator cap and noticed that the fans were not working anymore. I decided to replace the radiator, hoses and fans. I bought the fan shroud similar to the mishimoto setup which has two fans on a slim shroud with two wires from each. I did some research and found the wiring...I wired the fan on the drivers side, the 2 greyish black wires to the black and the two greens to the blue. The passenger side fan, two yellow to the black wire and the two blue wires to the blue on the fan. Soldered and heat shrunk the whole set up. Now when I turn on the car it runs fine, but the main fan doesn't turn on, even with the a/c turned on. After the car is on for about 20 min or so the passenger side fan will turn on for a bit then shut off. I'm assuming that the cooling fan 1 & 3 relays are bad. Is this a correct assumption or could it possibly be some sort of blockage in my cooling system causing this? I am at a complete stump and I would like some input before I go and buy the relays(Nissan wont allow returns on electrical parts). Any ideas would be very helpful!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:30 PM
aukword1

bump
Old 06-17-2013, 05:02 PM
aukword1

installed the new relay's and nothing changed...can someone who has done custom fan wiring to this before just tell me if the fan is supposed to come on when the a/c is on with the way I have it wired...or is it the blower fan only that is supposed to turn on when doing so?