Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

error code p0350 - ignition signal any ideas?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:41 AM
1121986jed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default error code p0350 - ignition signal any ideas?

I got p0350, now cel, slip, vdc light turned on. changed spark plugs, still no good.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:26 AM
m4rk2

Default same issue

Hi I know it was a while ago when you posted but I'm seeing the exact same issue, p0350, cel, vdc and slip lights all on. Do you know what the issue/fix ended up being?
Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,265 Likes on 1,014 Posts

What year is your Z?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:09 AM
R3belzBRN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the same problem.. Mine is a 2004 5at
Old 04-08-2015, 06:20 AM
R3belzBRN

Bump.. Need help on the issue.. P0350
Old 04-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Built4Adrenalin

That code is faulty ignition secondary or primary. Most likely one of your plugs isn't seated correctly, gap is off or one of your coil packs is loose, not seated to the plug correctly or the coil pack itself is bad
Old 04-09-2015, 08:11 AM
R3belzBRN

Thanks for the fast reply mate. But the funny things is there is no missfire and its not in a limp mode. Just check engine light.. Car drives like normal.. And everytime i try to clear the code.. It will lights up the next morning 10-15 mins after starting the car.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Built4Adrenalin

Originally Posted by R3belzBRN
Thanks for the fast reply mate. But the funny things is there is no missfire and its not in a limp mode. Just check engine light.. Car drives like normal.. And everytime i try to clear the code.. It will lights up the next morning 10-15 mins after starting the car.
No problem! I'm obsessed with fixing a Z car! It could quite possibly be a short...but... Pull your negative battery connection, and remove the grey clips from each coil pack one at a time. Double check that there is no moisture, corrosion, debris, etc. in the clip side and double check the coil pack side as well (you may need a 10mm socket, ratchet and a short to mid length extension) after you check connections, pull the coil pack out and make sure there is no oil pooling around the spark plugs! You may also want to pull each plug and double check the seating, gap and condition of each one. If everything looks good get everything back together and most important...MAKE SURE each grey clip LOCKS back into each coil pack!!
If you go through these steps and your having the same issue, could be anything from a short, to a faulty fuse. By going through these steps, you'll insure there is no human error and no noticeable serious issues there.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:55 AM
R3belzBRN

Originally Posted by Built4Adrenalin
No problem! I'm obsessed with fixing a Z car! It could quite possibly be a short...but... Pull your negative battery connection, and remove the grey clips from each coil pack one at a time. Double check that there is no moisture, corrosion, debris, etc. in the clip side and double check the coil pack side as well (you may need a 10mm socket, ratchet and a short to mid length extension) after you check connections, pull the coil pack out and make sure there is no oil pooling around the spark plugs! You may also want to pull each plug and double check the seating, gap and condition of each one. If everything looks good get everything back together and most important...MAKE SURE each grey clip LOCKS back into each coil pack!!
If you go through these steps and your having the same issue, could be anything from a short, to a faulty fuse. By going through these steps, you'll insure there is no human error and no noticeable serious issues there.
Thanks for the tips mate. Will be doing it next week. I will update here right after checking everything.

Thanks once again mate.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:07 AM
R3belzBRN

Originally Posted by Built4Adrenalin
Hey mate. I think i found out what cause the code.. I thinghten the ground cable on the front timing cover. And did a reset.. Its been 3 days now and drive em almost 30miles.. So far so good. Thanks omca again mate
Old 04-16-2015, 06:08 AM
R3belzBRN

Double post

Last edited by R3belzBRN; 04-16-2015 at 06:10 AM. Reason: DouBle post..
Old 04-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Built4Adrenalin

Default Good to hear!

Originally Posted by R3belzBRN
Hey mate. I think i found out what cause the code.. I thinghten the ground cable on the front timing cover. And did a reset.. Its been 3 days now and drive em almost 30miles.. So far so good. Thanks omca again mate
Awesome man! Very good to hear!
...were you getting a very low feedback hum through the stereo before? It's noticeable when the volume is all the way down with the stereo on (as long as it's a factory stereo or there is no negative volume adjustment on an aftermarket deck) that's a definite ground issue indicator! ...for future reference anyway! Haha Hopefully my rambling was of some help! I'm glad to hear you got it fixed, sounds like it anyway! If you need some help again, just let me know!

Last edited by Built4Adrenalin; 04-16-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:31 AM
nachospizza

I am having this issue for a long time and I did replaced my spark plugs and also change some ignition coils... but again Engine lights on after reset and seems like my ignition coil will blow soon.... what's the issue here? Also I did replaced the ignition coil cable to a new one too!!!! Here's the thing, I have the unichip installed on top of my ECU... will this be a problem or something else??? Recently my car will be shaking when I come to a stop light with the A/C on!!! Will the A/C compressor also be a problem?
Old 09-21-2015, 03:53 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Call or email Unichip. Tell them what's going on and see if they can offer any advice.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:28 AM
nachospizza

But here's the thing, it only misfire when I turn on the A/C??? When the A/C is off there are no problems.... will it be my A/C compressor problem??? But my A/C can blow cold air!!!!
Old 09-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Vigman

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

P0350 is TYPICALLY the primary side of the coil and the switching transistor internal of the coil. I bought a 6 pack of used coils from E bay and did a little R & D... the fail points are the transistor OPENS.... the primary rarely shorts but does get a bit heat stressed.. either way there is a MASSIVE reduction of spark output.. I had 2 BAD coil packs in my Z when I got it.. and cut em open just to see what I could see.....Coil packs today are ALMOST a service item , like plugs. Coils can go ~ 75K MOSTLY due to heat....and running with REALLY bad plugs with a HUGH gap...
Old 09-27-2015, 06:20 AM
nachospizza

I bought six brand new coils from Ebay and they are aftermarket coils and it will get misfire every couple months... I wonder if it is the quality of the aftermarket coils are shxt or some other things are wrong!!! It will not happened if I just turn on air... only happens when I turn on AC and when I came to a stop light and my gear in D. When I am driving there are no misfire!!! And it happends after I installed the Unichip and replaced those aftermarket coil pads!!! Should I buy six brand new Genuine coil pads and replaced them with those aftermarket ones or something wrong with my Unichip???? My Z runs great except this problem P0350 and I don't drive it often it is a Year 2004 with only 79000 km!!!
Old 09-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Vigman

Nacho, the question is where were the coils manufactured? I bought some after market ( CHINA ) for my EXPEDITION that were just HORRIBLE and VERY intermittant ( and these are a PITA to change ) .. IMHO for electrical / electronics I would rather go wrecking yard USED OE then ANYTHING out of CHINA... and ALWAYS try to buy new when possible...
Old 09-28-2015, 12:27 AM
nachospizza

No idea if these are from China but I bought six brand new before from Ebay and they have all the Genuine Coil marking and wordings... and after couple months one or two goes bad and I have mis-fire.... then I bought another brand new six pieces aftermarket and this time I can tell these coils are not original because there aren't any markings or wordings on the coils and they also goes bad after couple months. The first set I have the HKS Twinpower installed... afterward I uninstall the HKS Twinpower and some coils still goes bad. So I am wondering if the unichip I have causing this problems??? And they happened when I turn on the AC and when I am in D with my feet on the brake. If on N no misfire... it is weird...

Should I buy all brand new six piece of Genuine coils and replaced them instead??? Lots of money to fix this problem already giving me a headache....
Old 09-28-2015, 04:13 AM
Vigman

Is the UNICHIP a ECM ROM replacement??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: error code p0350 - ignition signal any ideas?