Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch problem after master and slave replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Austin_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clutch problem after master and slave replaced.

So I decided to bleed my clutch the other day. Very bad fluid came out. The clutch stuck to the floor and fluid would not go from the reservoir to the master. So I replaced the master cylinder and still was getting the same results. So I replaced the slave. And still got the same clutch stuck to the floor. The only way I got the clutch to work was by forcing fluid thru the slave. I've been driving it a couple days but I can feel it loosing pressure. Could this be a slow leak in the metal hard line or rubber hosing? It still doesn't make sense I can't get it to operate correctly. Basically I could be driving with no reservoir because it is pointless right now as no fluid goes from the reservoir to the master or into the hardline. Any one els have this happen to them or know of a solution?
Old 08-08-2014, 02:51 PM
2000atlanticgt

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Need better details to help but my guess is you still have air in the system. It can be very, very hard to bleed after opening the system/replacing parts.

If there was a leak you could find it and the resevoir level would be dropping. It sounds like you think you have a hard line plugged up not allowing fluid to pass, never heard or seen of that, but you can always take every line off or loose and blow it out with compressed air to confirm that.