Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Just replaced clutch kit EXedy OEM

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 06:33 PM
theshrink1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just replaced clutch kit EXedy OEM

So I had an Exedy OEM clutch kit installed today. I got a chance to hand around and watch them do the install. The mechanic pointed out some wear on the shaft that enters the flywheel/crank casing. How normal is that and is it a cause for concern. They grinded it down a bit but still felt a little ridge. See pic.

Also the flywheel had some play but they said it was a judgment call, could be fine but it was close. I elected to have them complete the install. Overall, I have not noticed any problems today.

Also, I noticed that the clutch engages quicker and lower than usual, is that normal since it is a new clutch or do I need to adjust it? Should I replace tranny fluid ? The machanic seem to take the approach, if its not broke don't mess with it. I told them to do the rear main seal but they said there is no leak, better not to miss with it because then if you take the oil pan off, you may have to deal with the oil pan gaskets or something...

THoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Just replaced clutch kit EXedy OEM-20150403_130705.jpg  

Last edited by theshrink1; 04-04-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: adding more information