Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Fan assembly issues...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 08:20 AM
AGreenZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan assembly issues...

Hey guys so I recently just had a new fan assembly and radiator put in my car after a minor front end collision. Everything has worked fine but today I was stuck in traffic with the AC on and noticed my them gauge was going up... I turned the AC off and turned the heat on so draw the heat from the engine bay and it cooled off quickly. I got to work and checked the fuses none of them are blown but I did notice when I turned the AC on only one fan was working... What could be causing this or has anyone else had this happen to them?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:15 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,293 Likes on 1,017 Posts

The fans arent functioning correctly...

the fans are two stage - stage one both fans will kick on 'low mode' - typically around engine coolant temp of 205* F and will turn off around 195* F. The fans have the ability to go into a 'high mode' around 210* F.

If only one fan is turning on than there is an issue with either the relay, wiring or the fan itself.

I also speculate that you have air in the radiator and it needs to be re-bleed. The VQ's (as you know or soon to find out) are difficult to bleed.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:30 AM
AGreenZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bealljk
The fans arent functioning correctly...

the fans are two stage - stage one both fans will kick on 'low mode' - typically around engine coolant temp of 205* F and will turn off around 195* F. The fans have the ability to go into a 'high mode' around 210* F.

If only one fan is turning on than there is an issue with either the relay, wiring or the fan itself.

I also speculate that you have air in the radiator and it needs to be re-bleed. The VQ's (as you know or soon to find out) are difficult to bleed.
So air in the radiator would stop the fan from working or cause it to over heat.?
Old 06-07-2015, 06:28 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,293 Likes on 1,017 Posts

no...you have two independent problems...

I would worry about the air in the cooling system first...it's a cheaper fix and is more important than a single fan not functioning...

Who did the fan/radiator install work on your car? Can you go back to have it fixed?

Last edited by bealljk; 06-07-2015 at 06:29 PM.