Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Radiator replacement options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 01:07 PM
ARG350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Radiator replacement options?

Hello everyone, I'm Manuel, new to the forum. I have owned a 07 350Z with 72K miles since January 2014 and its been a great car!

A couple of weeks ago I started smelling coolant when the engine got hot and both fans turned on (with the AC on). I saw that the upper radiator hose was apparently leaking some coolant. After changing it, I though the problem would be solved but I still smell coolant occasionally. Luckly the car has not overheated, and the coolant level on the reservoir goes down very slowly. Today I open the hood to take a look at the radiator again, and it seems like the upper plastic part is leaking where it meets the metal part of the radiator. Its a very slow leak but its all throughout the upper part of the radiator.

So I'm looking for a replacement. I went to the dealer to check the price on the OEM (642.95$ +tax) and to Advance Auto Parts, (259.95$ + tax for "CarQuest" brand). What other options do you guys know of? and recommendations? I think the OEM one is very expensive but I don't want to buy a super cheap and crappy radiator either.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-18-2015, 05:50 AM
Vigman

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought an E bay aluminum one.. Yes it's from CHINA ( which I FRACKIN HATE ) but I did buy from a US seller who has been around a LONG TIME and it has a 6 year warranty....
So far so good.....And I'm in So Cal and MUST have AC 24/7....
The following users liked this post:
ARG350Z (10-18-2015)
Old 10-18-2015, 09:31 AM
ARG350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Miami, so same situation here. Can't live without AC. I was trying to avoid Ebay for a radiator, its kind of a hit or miss with those things. But I will check it out just in case.