Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Loose HID housing

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Corvett z07

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Loose HID housing

So my driver's side HID went out the other day, 2003 touring, and I pulled out the bulb and I got this...

I have no idea if that's what happens when an HID burns out or not but I noticed that when I grabbed the black plug that connects to the bulb, the HID housing (when looking from the front of the car it's the circle thing in the headlight assembly) is wobbling inside the headlight assembly. So when I grabbed the black plug, I could move the HID housing up and down a little bit. I'm guessing that it's not good for a bulb to be bouncing up and down a lot when I'm driving down a bumpy road. Anyone have any idea if it's okay or not? I'm thinking about poxying the HID housing to the headlight assembly or is poxy not good for plastics like that. If I'm completely wrong on this one and it's just a loose adjuster screw or something like that, please tell. I'm very new to all of this. Thanks!

Also my passenger's side headlight assembly has a lot of condensation/water in it but everything still works fine. I checked to see if the o-ring is snug on that big plastic circle thing that gets you access to the high and low beams, and the o-ring is snug. Also every other light is secured tight in there. Are these headlight assembly's known to crack or just need resealed? If anyone could send a good link that you would know of that would be fantastic, or shed some light on this too. I'm new here and found some good info using the search button, just not quite everything