Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Hitachi camshaft and crankshaft position sensors

Old 02-04-2017, 10:18 AM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Hitachi camshaft and crankshaft position sensors

Anybody try or know about the Hitachi camshaft and crankshaft position sensors? According to the info online, there are OEM parts, but they look different from what I have on my car. they have a metal/cylindrical shape, as opposed to the black plastic with flat spots on the sensors in my car.
The following users liked this post:
WYZIWYG (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 01:11 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by jv350z
Anybody try or know about the Hitachi camshaft and crankshaft position sensors? According to the info online, there are OEM parts, but they look different from what I have on my car. they have a metal/cylindrical shape, as opposed to the black plastic with flat spots on the sensors in my car.
Asked a similar question in another thread in the Maintenance section. Apparently the Hitachi silver ones are the 'upgraded' replacement for the black plastic OEM ones.
Just bought one and mine is still throwing P0340 [Bank 1 of 2] code after clearing it several times with my OBD2 and unhooking the neg batt cable for 24 hours. Next step is just taking it to a professional and letting him figure it out.
GL with yours!!!
The following users liked this post:
jv350z (02-04-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 11:01 AM
HOMiEZ

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

when i did change my cam and crank sensors, the researched showed that most people recommend going for OEM sensors; which are expensive, reliable, and do not resemble the Hitachi sensors.

Being me, I wanted to try out the Autozone stuff because they have a lifetime warranty; I ordered the OEM replacements (plastics ones) installed them, cleared the code, and issue has gone away.

I would advise trying the OEM style ones.

Search this Thread