Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

HELP! 350z Passenger Airbag Light Stays ON-Won't go off

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:06 PM
BelarusesZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 350z Passenger Airbag Light Stays ON-Won't go off

Seems like I tried everything. This is driving me crazy. I wasted a lot of time trying to fix this and researching the problem. I couldn't find one single direct solution to the problem I am having. My car's passenger airbag was deployed and the pass. belt fired. I replaced the belt with a new one and I bought and installed a new dash airbag for the passenger side and a new airbag computer. Car was disconnected from battery before I worked on it. I check all the connections and they are good. When I turn the ignition on the airbag lights stays on, 7 seconds, 10 seconds, forever seconds later it is still on. Then I start the car and the airbag light is still ON. This is true regardless whether there is a person in the seat or not.

Any ideas? Anyone had this similar issue? How did you fix it? Is there anyway to bypass the light? Such as wiring in a resister or disconnecting the yellow connection under the seat? At this point, I just want that damn light off! lol Would a ECU reset clear it? No other lights are on, but this one. I need your help, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

car: 2004 pain in the *** 350z roadster

Last edited by BelarusesZ; 06-05-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:58 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Take it to a dealership so they can reset the SRS.