Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clicking after clutch/fw install and new synchros in trans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:37 PM
absurdparadox

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clicking after clutch/fw install and new synchros in trans?

On initial startup of my DE, after a clutch/flywheel install, I am getting a clicking sound, sounds like from the trans.

So, I had my 5th and 6th gear synchros in my trans replaced, and then installed it with a new TOB, SPEC Stage 2+ clutch and lightweight flywheel. I'm definitely hearing the loud TOB noise that I was expecting, but I'm getting what sounds like a separate clicking sound that is kind of hard to pinpoint.

Also, my clutch pedal is going to the floor, doesn't look like it is pushing the clutch fork much, so I assume it needs bled (I left it connected, but may have moved the piston). A few pumps seem to build a little pressure, but figured I would mention it incase someone puts some dots together that I am not.

Probably unrelated, but my reverse lights seem to be on constantly -- suppose I could have the plugs on the trans swapped but I don't see how the harness could go the other way.

Any help is greatly apperciated, this clutch install has gone wrong at so many little turns that I am so beyond done, lol (one example -- got some top speed resonated test pipes, they didn't drill out one of the O2 sensor bungs all the way).