Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

P0455 Emissions Leak Large

Old 11-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Justin T Lavoie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0455 Emissions Leak Large

Please help another car issue 😤. I just fixed my whole front end suspension after 3 months and 3k. Now I got this issue, I think I know the cause but I don't know the part. When you put in a gas pump into the tank there is a metal part that it pushes into. That same part closes when the pump is removed. What is that part. My gas tank is always open due to this part never shutting. 1. What is it? 2. How to fix it? Thanks again! Justin
Old 11-21-2017, 05:27 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Unfortunately, that part is integrated into the neck itself. I would try replacing the gas cap first. Here's the filler neck: https://www.google.com/search?biw=15....0.bgNcIwWIP3A

Also, check and make sure the green evap valve cap is tightly screwed on. It's located in the engine bay on the passenger side. You'll see it..
Old 11-21-2017, 06:50 AM
Justin T Lavoie

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350
Unfortunately, that part is integrated into the neck itself. I would try replacing the gas cap first. Here's the filler neck: https://www.google.com/search?biw=15....0.bgNcIwWIP3A

Also, check and make sure the green evap valve cap is tightly screwed on. It's located in the engine bay on the passenger side. You'll see it..
Thank you! I ordered a new gas cap right away. I was trying to avoid it being the filler neck. I will check the evap valve.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:52 AM
Justin T Lavoie

Originally Posted by Justin T Lavoie
Thank you! I ordered a new gas cap right away. I was trying to avoid it being the filler neck. I will check the evap valve.
How long do I have till this can mess up my car? Do I have to do this repair right away?!? I just spent 3k on other repairs and would like to wait a bit? Bad idea or is it ok?
Old 11-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Originally Posted by Justin T Lavoie
How long do I have till this can mess up my car? Do I have to do this repair right away?!? I just spent 3k on other repairs and would like to wait a bit? Bad idea or is it ok?

It's a low level emissions related fault. You should be ok for a couple weeks, but I wouldn't sit on it for very long.. How long is a 'bit'?
Old 11-21-2017, 08:14 AM
Atreyu'z 350

..but honestly, a new gas cap will probably do the trick.

Search this Thread