Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

2003 350z, Windshield washer fluid not spraying, no sound from pumps

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 05:36 PM
TheTrashMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 350z, Windshield washer fluid not spraying, no sound from pumps

Hello everyone, I have a 2003 touring 6 speed Z and I've got no washer fluid being sprayed whenever I pull the wiper stalk toward me, however I do have the wipers doing their quick couple wipes so it's at least doing something.

Today I jacked the car up and removed the inner fender liners, I couldn't find any leaks, when I pulled the washer lines off the little pumps they spilled washer fluid everywhere so I'm guessing they're not clogged, fluid coming out looked clean, and when I had someone operate the washer with the engine running I hear absolutely no sound from the pumps, I also re-seated the plugs with no change.

so next I'm looking at fuses and the trouble is, even with the factory service manual I cannot tell if there's a fuse for the washer. There's a bit that shows the fuse box but it looks different from my fuse box (has more fuses) and doesn't label them outside of their amperage(?). I think I read the BCM controls the washer but the BCM fuse is fine, the fuses in the fusable link are all looking good and I pulled the two fuses labeled "electrical parts" and those are good too.

I'm also getting short changed on google and this forums search function, there's a couple results with clogged pumps but not one I could find with no noise.

I've hit a brick wall in where to go next and don't want to go replacing parts ***** nilly (unless the parts are cheap), are there additional fuses I need to check? perhaps plugs that can be undone further up the wiring harness? anyway to test the pumps?

thanks for your time.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:20 PM
TheTrashMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took another go at it, found another fuse box behind the battery and in there is a fuse marked washer mtr, the fuse was good but I still changed it, still no noise from the washer pump.

windshield wiper fuses all look good too. guess it's time for replacement parts.