Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

09 Zr convertable is so close to being perfect what could ibe missing plz input

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 06:28 AM
Brandon Salas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Zr convertable is so close to being perfect what could ibe missing plz input

Ok ill make this as simple as possible Im picking up the pieces previous owner apparently replaced the roof material hence the rivits im finding all over in the interior buried deep I have the interior strippes what could have been done wrong that it will not unlock or even budge from open to close it is latched tight and all i can hear a motors spinning but ive got nothing.

Service manual says to replace the plate with the sensors on it opposed to replacing individual sensors why is that so? When voltage should be zero is .230 operable or is that disabling me? I can make a video if somebody will watch Nd chime in
Old 06-08-2019, 07:42 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Salas
Ok ill make this as simple as possible Im picking up the pieces previous owner apparently replaced the roof material hence the rivits im finding all over in the interior buried deep I have the interior strippes what could have been done wrong that it will not unlock or even budge from open to close it is latched tight and all i can hear a motors spinning but ive got nothing.

Service manual says to replace the plate with the sensors on it opposed to replacing individual sensors why is that so? When voltage should be zero is .230 operable or is that disabling me? I can make a video if somebody will watch Nd chime in
After you unlatch the front, make sure ignition is in on position. Apply brake pedal, press open switch. No idea about the plate you mention.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Brandon Salas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is what I speak of

why does is say replace rr plate rail as assembly what happens if you just replace a single sensor switch this is what broke everything allegedly