Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

tire feathering and seat fraying/rocking

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004 | 08:18 AM
mark350

Default tire feathering and seat fraying/rocking

Earlier this week I had my seats (track model cloth) reskinned due to the fraying of the side bolsters...they only did the seat backs....not the bottoms....the bottoms are not in as bad shape as the backs but they are showing some wear. I guess it will be a matter of time before the Z goes back in for the seat bottoms. It took 2 days for them to get the seat backs right (they had to send the seats out to a local upholstery shop) but they look good now. They also fixed my seat rocking issue.

Today the Z is back in the shop for new front tires due to the feathering/tire roaring issues we have. At 5000 miles my Z was aligned and tires were flipped. Now I only have 7200 miles on my car and the roar is back....I wish Nissan would come up with a permanent fix for this. Do people who have done Eibach Pro Kit Springs and a camber kit have feathering issues anymore?
Old 05-21-2004 | 09:07 AM
Blue Liquid

Keep a close eye on your seat rocking issue. I had mine in the shop 4 times for it. It still isn't solid, but I'm sick of leaving it with those clowns at the service department. No matter how many times they "fix" it, whether it be the TSB, or new seat rails, it still won't stay solid. I checked other 2004's in the lot, and they all have seat movement. you can grab it with your hand and move it up and down. Ridiculous. They told me it's how the seat was designed. Nice design, Nissan.