Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Water Leaking into Car - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 07:43 PM
peterhong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leaking into Car - Need Help

I just noticed after another carwash that my drivers side floormat was wet around the gas pedal. Upon further search, I noticed others with aftermarket alarms had this problem as well. I've actually located where the water is dripping in but need help as how to seal it.

If you look at the picture I've taken from under the steering panel by the pedals, the water is leaking from the circle rubber stopper where the red/black siren wire is going through. Directly under the hood, there is another similar rubber stopper which was not drilled into, but seems like it was popped out a little on top which is causing the water to come in through the opening into the rubber seal in the cabin.

Now my question. I can't seem to get to that rubber stopper under the hood (short of removing the engine) and I cant seem to push it in by brute force either. Can I just take some sort of rubber sealant spray and spray the surrounding area where it was popped out, or is there another solution to this. Quite concerned because when the water comes dripping into the cabin by the pedals, there are a bunch of wires that can possibly short if they get wet.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:05 PM
peterhong

I can see the picture isn't coming out for some reason although I've attached it. I'll try again.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:06 PM
peterhong

Sorry for the poor quality, it had to be compressed to fit, but hopefully you can see what I'm talking about from this pic.