Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Decided to take some pics today

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005 | 06:14 PM
usmanasif

Holy mother of God! You have done a GREAT job! I am personally not a fan of painted interior panels, but otherwise your Z is an awesome headturner!

By the way, I hate you for once again confusing the heck outta me for which color my 06 Z should be. I was in-between DB and SS....DAMN! I have always wanted a red sports car, but Z's lines are such that the beautiful tail lights just get lost in the sea of red. Yours looks so damn good due to the smoked lights. Special props for that awesome touch! Now I really might go for red. I couldn't agree more when I saw a print ad for a red G35c where the tagline is: IF SPEED COULD BE A COLOR, IT WOULD BE RED.... Your Z has reinforced that in my mind. Thanks!

Some Qs: Is that a Nismo front lip? What side skirts are those?

I myself had decided to create a Frankenstenian body kit by using different components. I had seen that Stillen rear valance on their Z in the FI Z shootout in the last issue of Speed and fell in love with it immediately. My plan is for a Nismo kit except for the rear valance which would be Stillen. That valance creates a look that's better than any of the aftermarket complete Z rear bumpers I have seen.

Again, it's an awesome car! Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:21 PM
chemicalviper

what wing is that?
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:23 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by chemicalviper
what wing is that?
Check page 1
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:52 PM
rgcarmack14

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Holy mother of God! You have done a GREAT job! I am personally not a fan of painted interior panels, but otherwise your Z is an awesome headturner!

By the way, I hate you for once again confusing the heck outta me for which color my 06 Z should be. I was in-between DB and SS....DAMN! I have always wanted a red sports car, but Z's lines are such that the beautiful tail lights just get lost in the sea of red. Yours looks so damn good due to the smoked lights. Special props for that awesome touch! Now I really might go for red. I couldn't agree more when I saw a print ad for a red G35c where the tagline is: IF SPEED COULD BE A COLOR, IT WOULD BE RED.... Your Z has reinforced that in my mind. Thanks!

Some Qs: Is that a Nismo front lip? What side skirts are those?

I myself had decided to create a Frankenstenian body kit by using different components. I had seen that Stillen rear valance on their Z in the FI Z shootout in the last issue of Speed and fell in love with it immediately. My plan is for a Nismo kit except for the rear valance which would be Stillen. That valance creates a look that's better than any of the aftermarket complete Z rear bumpers I have seen.

Again, it's an awesome car! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the comments and compliments. The side skirts are Stillen as well as the rear valance. Yes, it is a Nismo front lip. I had an idea of what I wanted in my mind and after looking at so many different ones on this as well as other websites, I found what I was after. The only thing I really have left to do is to get the Veilside Version 2 hood. I love that hood and think that will complete the look I want. Thanks again and good luck on which ever color '06 you decide on. Color set aside, you will so love the ride/drive of this car. I had a 280z back in 1985 and thought that was fun to drive. This one wins by far.
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:54 PM
rgcarmack14

Originally Posted by chemicalviper
what wing is that?
Stillen Type 1. It is listed on their website under "exterior."
Old 09-05-2005 | 10:56 PM
4everZ

wow - never really liked body kits on the Z but what you've done to yours is very elegant, especially the side panels- great taste.

does the sunroof slide out or is it just a popup? any squeeks or noises while driving and its open/closed? and thanks for answering all the q's!
Old 09-06-2005 | 03:23 AM
rgcarmack14

Originally Posted by 4everZ
wow - never really liked body kits on the Z but what you've done to yours is very elegant, especially the side panels- great taste.

does the sunroof slide out or is it just a popup? any squeeks or noises while driving and its open/closed? and thanks for answering all the q's!
It slides out as well. No noises whatsoever. I am very impressed with the unit and use it all the time. I think it should have been an option on the car. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2005 | 11:14 AM
rocketpants

awesome Z, lovin the theme colors that u chose
Old 09-06-2005 | 01:00 PM
elms350Z

Looks good!