Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

More HIN Orlando Pics. (56k = X_X)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
BawlZTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roncfpz
No shortage of smarta$$ negative comments on this forum.
Isn't that the principal this forum was built on?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Good point. I'll have to check it out in the garage lighting. The problem is I'm a friggin' perfectionist when it comes to this car and it'll drive me nuts.

Thanks!
Don't beat yourself up on it, Ron, its nothing. I'll tell you right now that the paint on your car as a whole looks AWESOME. I didn't even notice or think anythign of the slight contrast until it was brought up in this thread. I thought that pic turned out awesome.

The camera in that kind of light picks up subtle nuances that no normal human would see, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of the difference you see in that picture comes from the angle of lighting and all other colored lighting surrounding the car at the time.

IF there is any VERY slight difference, it has to due with the difference in painting on metal and a softer material like urethane or fiberglass. Different amounts of flex additive will give it a slightly different hue on bumper panel. Hell, if you take a factory Nissan paint job under fluorescent lighting like in that building you will still see a slight difference between the fender and the bumper.

If you want to see paint issues, I could tell you all about them. I'll just say I'm looking at a full repaint on my car in the future.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 PM
taurran

Oh, and I'll PM you about the pics of your car.

One of my favorite pics from all day was this one. I think it turned out great.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:58 PM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BawlZTT
Isn't that the principal this forum was built on?
Not to my knowledge. The purpose is a useful exchange of dialogue, ideas, tips (and opinions) among fellow Z enthusiasts. I guess I was just raised with the thinking that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Then again, if you ask for an opinion, be prepared to take the bad with the good. All the negative crap just gets a little old sometimes.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by 05-Z
Nice pics Craig, and sweet cars too. Thanks for sharing. Speaking of sweet cars from the east, was Sharif's car there?
Thanks.

Sharif was not there. I assume he is still very busy getting his shop up and running.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:01 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by taurran
Don't beat yourself up on it, Ron, its nothing. I'll tell you right now that the paint on your car as a whole looks AWESOME. I didn't even notice or think anythign of the slight contrast until it was brought up in this thread. I thought that pic turned out awesome.

The camera in that kind of light picks up subtle nuances that no normal human would see, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of the difference you see in that picture comes from the angle of lighting and all other colored lighting surrounding the car at the time.

IF there is any VERY slight difference, it has to due with the difference in painting on metal and a softer material like urethane or fiberglass. Different amounts of flex additive will give it a slightly different hue on bumper panel. Hell, if you take a factory Nissan paint job under fluorescent lighting like in that building you will still see a slight difference between the fender and the bumper.

If you want to see paint issues, I could tell you all about them. I'll just say I'm looking at a full repaint on my car in the future.
Thanks man. I appreciate the help and perspective. Also, I really like alot of the angles from which you shot the pics. Great stuff!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 PM
B-Unit

GOod pics of ur car ron. like taurran said i wouldnt lose sleep over it but its deff annoying when u have a show car. and btw black is a *****. id do something narly like blue etc.

And chances are they used ppg and that does not have any flex additives in it. FLex additives do not change the pearl or color of the car, becuase that diff in color looks like pearl to me. possibly metallic. the flakes in the paint could be diff size etc.

car looks baller tho. i need to get my turbo on.

-B-
Old 07-13-2006, 03:26 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by B-Unit
GOod pics of ur car ron. like taurran said i wouldnt lose sleep over it but its deff annoying when u have a show car. and btw black is a *****. id do something narly like blue etc.

And chances are they used ppg and that does not have any flex additives in it. FLex additives do not change the pearl or color of the car, becuase that diff in color looks like pearl to me. possibly metallic. the flakes in the paint could be diff size etc.

car looks baller tho. i need to get my turbo on.

-B-
Thanks for the advice and comments B.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:22 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BawlZTT
If I see another Z with this bumper I think I am going to wind up killing myself accidentally due to starvation. I can't stop puking......I am on dry heaves now.... I bet they're great in the winter though.
Well, here in FL we don't get much snow so...
Old 07-13-2006, 04:24 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Ron, I've seen your car a lot and there are no paint variations. So you can sleep ok toinght.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
maximumsportZ

Ron, your car was looking stunning. About the paint, dont worry about that, its probably the way the flakes in the paint were laid compared to your body paint happens all the time. Only on flashes and cameras will you tell. In person it looks like a perfect match and that should be all that matters.

Even my kit, at some angles tends to look a tad off. But then again I think my eyes are playing tricks with me.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:53 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Ron, your car was looking stunning. About the paint, dont worry about that, its probably the way the flakes in the paint were laid compared to your body paint happens all the time. Only on flashes and cameras will you tell. In person it looks like a perfect match and that should be all that matters.

Even my kit, at some angles tends to look a tad off. But then again I think my eyes are playing tricks with me.
haha naw i noticed on urs a lil too chris its darker hehe. we are the guys with **** hawk eyes tho.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:17 PM
clearsector

you guys make me want to drain my bank account everytime i see your rides..lol

you were right.. the GT-S's definately evolved from the g games

Last edited by clearsector; 07-13-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Zexy

Hey what's BIG LOU doin on camera

Wow, looked great and sucks although i could not make it. Sad to see every other car was a Z though. IMO i wouldn't like to hear "Oh no, another 350z" although i love seing many 350z's in a car show.

Looked like a great event though. Can't wait for Z fest.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:47 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Z Fest is gonna be great, when is it?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey chris, when we going to run?? i will shut off the boost controller!!

hehehe

14 psi is pretty sick though...
Old 07-13-2006, 07:59 PM
MFAnello350

I wish AC had this many Z's...if they did i would of been in my glory....they only had like 3 or 4...its upsetting
Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by B-Unit
haha naw i noticed on urs a lil too chris its darker hehe. we are the guys with **** hawk eyes tho.
haaha, you can't tell when I blow pass you though

Jermey, we definately have to make some videos it.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:27 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
haaha, you can't tell when I blow pass you though

Jermey, we definately have to make some videos it.
haha naw man, ur paint is solid bro. and u wont be blowin past me for much longer, im going FI

-B-
Old 07-13-2006, 09:27 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dunno about you, but that one red one with the ings half kit is off the HOOOK!!! ...hehe...

Quick Reply: More HIN Orlando Pics. (56k = X_X)