Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

My pics w/ Fully Polished Work S1's

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007 | 07:35 PM
illjim69

Originally Posted by Alberto
No worries, you cant have any person post pics without one person not feeling it...
lol, true. or in my case, most not liking it.

i dont think the car is gross or anything, just not digging the wheels. i noticed a lot of people will forgive a wheel design if it has the name Volk or Work on it. i just think those wheels would look better on a muscle car or something. i can promise you if they said TSW or American Racing (or if it were a guy's car) you guys would be all over em.

either way, like i said, car looks clean.......not knocking it. to the OP, its nice to see a person who takes pride in their car. doesn't matter what others think in the end, it's yours.

jim
Old 07-19-2007 | 07:38 PM
jinsei888

i've waited years for someone to finally do this setup...

you need to lower that car to do those wheels any sort of justice; just my highly biased opinion!
Old 07-19-2007 | 07:41 PM
jinsei888

Originally Posted by OffsetZ33
Dude, you have TSW THRUXTONS, what do you know about good taste?

edit: that may have been a little mean... meh, its just the intrawebs anyways!
LOL! +1, didn't see that post OffsetZ33! I'm gonna have to agree there haha; TSW THRUXTONS are truly lacking in taste IMO hahaha

+1 for the OP choosing the BEST Work Meister finish ever made for any car!
Old 07-19-2007 | 07:53 PM
sofa king
Banned

very nice
Old 07-19-2007 | 07:58 PM
OffsetZ33

Its not always about the design (I understand that people like different things), but you cannot dismiss the QUALITY factor either.

Originally Posted by jinsei888
LOL! +1, didn't see that post OffsetZ33! I'm gonna have to agree there haha; TSW THRUXTONS are truly lacking in taste IMO hahaha

I understand different strokes for different folks, but I wouldnt put TSWs on a civic let alone a Z. I guess I am a bit of a wheel snob, but they are one part of a car that can make or break the overall look. Many times it comes down to sizing, because a great wheel can look like **** if it is not fitted appropriately. And its not purely about the money, because there are some decent options out there for those who know where to look.

Sorry to the OP - we will now return to the thread in progress (beautiful Meisters )
Old 07-19-2007 | 11:56 PM
___DJK___

Dude, you have TSW THRUXTONS, what do you know about good taste?
Great post!
Old 07-20-2007 | 04:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

i've waited years for someone to finally do this setup...

you need to lower that car to do those wheels any sort of justice; just my highly biased opinion!

Lowered on Tanabe NF's..
Old 07-20-2007 | 04:10 AM
illjim69

Its not always about the design (I understand that people like different things), but you cannot dismiss the QUALITY factor either.

I understand different strokes for different folks, but I wouldnt put TSWs on a civic let alone a Z. I guess I am a bit of a wheel snob, but they are one part of a car that can make or break the overall look. Many times it comes down to sizing, because a great wheel can look like **** if it is not fitted appropriately. And its not purely about the money, because there are some decent options out there for those who know where to look.

Sorry to the OP - we will now return to the thread in progress (beautiful Meisters )

wheel snobs indeed!

different strokes for different folks would be accurate, funny thing is, over here in JDMland is the only place people don't like them. everywhere i go, on just about every other web forum, people like the car....to include the wheels. not that i need to justify my purchase to anyone, i don't want to seem like a Xbox 360 owner. the most important part is, i like them. (i am taking some of your guys' advice though and getting spacers and lowering the car).

i am just amused when people try and use what you have as a basis for what you are allowed to like or dislike. it reminds me of those threads of "Post Pics of Your GF/Wife". as soon as someone says that some chick isn't their cup of tea, someone always says "post a pic of your gf, she better be hotter". in reality, it doesn't matter. you can be dating something that resembles Rosie O'Donnell, doesn't mean you don't get an opinion or that it's worth any less than the next guy's.

sorry, let me jump off my soapbox. sorry OP for whoring up your thread.

jim
Old 07-20-2007 | 04:30 AM
mid-a-mamma

LOL at the turn my thread took. Thanks guys for all the comments. I knew some people wouldn't like them but that's ok
Old 07-20-2007 | 04:47 AM
chris'smax

Lowered on Tanabe NF's..

hey Berto have ya'll thought of shaving the rear spring mounts? I have the tanabe nf210's and have a 06 also. IMO the front sits perfect but the rear is still sitting to high. I think she would lower the rear another 1/2 on her car would help the rear wheels sit perfectly flush. I know i will be doing it on mine soon.
Old 07-20-2007 | 04:49 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by chris'smax
hey Berto have ya'll thought of shaving the rear spring mounts? I have the tanabe nf210's and have a 06 also. IMO the front sits perfect but the rear is still sitting to high. I think she would lower the rear another 1/2 on her car would help the rear wheels sit perfectly flush. I know i will be doing it on mine soon.
No way, I personally love that stance, where the rear is slightly higher than the front. It looks agressive and provide good clearance for the wide rubber-even though I rolled her fenders. Shaving those spring mounts would be tough that is some hard rubber. Also the more you lower it the worse your camber will be. She is currently sitting at the end of stock camber specs, with -1.6 degrees in the rear w/SPC camber arms and eccentric toe bolts. Anymore and it would be too negative IMO....
Old 07-20-2007 | 04:53 AM
chewychew

wheels look very mustangish haha like it belongs on a domestic. maybe its because i think theres too much bling ( of the chrome looking variety), never the less, its a nice set of wheels. gluck with your mods.
Old 07-20-2007 | 04:58 AM
chris'smax

No way, I personally love that stance, where the rear is slightly higher than the front. It looks agressive and provide good clearance for the wide rubber-even though I rolled her fenders. Shaving those spring mounts would be tough that is some hard rubber. Also the more you lower it the worse your camber will be. She is currently sitting at the end of stock camber specs, with -1.6 degrees in the rear w/SPC camber arms and eccentric toe bolts. Anymore and it would be too negative IMO....

Damn her camber was thrown off that bad with the springs?
Old 07-20-2007 | 05:01 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

It was around -2.3 when she went in right after the drop, she left at -1.5/-1.6 right in stock specs, with toe in spec as well...
Old 07-20-2007 | 05:43 AM
Ruthless18x

nice wheels and sick stance, it looks so aggressive
Old 07-20-2007 | 07:10 AM
Vertex350

My favorite wheels on my favorite finish... great job!
Old 07-20-2007 | 07:16 AM
OffsetZ33

Originally Posted by illjim69

wheel snobs indeed!

different strokes for different folks would be accurate, funny thing is, over here in JDMland is the only place people don't like them. everywhere i go, on just about every other web forum, people like the car....to include the wheels. not that i need to justify my purchase to anyone, i don't want to seem like a Xbox 360 owner. the most important part is, i like them. (i am taking some of your guys' advice though and getting spacers and lowering the car).

i am just amused when people try and use what you have as a basis for what you are allowed to like or dislike. it reminds me of those threads of "Post Pics of Your GF/Wife". as soon as someone says that some chick isn't their cup of tea, someone always says "post a pic of your gf, she better be hotter". in reality, it doesn't matter. you can be dating something that resembles Rosie O'Donnell, doesn't mean you don't get an opinion or that it's worth any less than the next guy's.

sorry, let me jump off my soapbox. sorry OP for whoring up your thread.

jim
So youre saying you have an ugly g/f too? (I would imagine maybe so if you taste in wheels is any indication of your taste in women...)

LOL, just playin - its cool man, as long as youre happy
Old 07-20-2007 | 07:19 AM
AroundMyHorn

your all on crack. Those things look like truck wheels.

but since you name ****** see work.....they're the best!
Old 07-20-2007 | 07:41 AM
mid-a-mamma

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
your all on crack. Those things look like truck wheels.

but since you name ****** see work.....they're the best!
I'm not sure if you were referring to me as a "name *****" but I can tell you the name really had nothing to do with my choice. I liked them mostly because they were different and I wouldn't drive down the street and see my wheels everyday

Thanks for all the comments though. I love them and wouldn't think of changing them
Old 07-20-2007 | 07:43 AM
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by mid-a-mamma
I'm not sure if you were referring to me as a "name *****" but I can tell you the name really had nothing to do with my choice. I liked them mostly because they were different and I wouldn't drive down the street and see my wheels everyday

Thanks for all the comments though. I love them and wouldn't think of changing them

na, wasnt talking to you. What matters most is that you like them and congrats on your purchase.

Quick Reply: My pics w/ Fully Polished Work S1's