Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video
View Poll Results: JDM Clear Tail lights or Stock?
JDM Clears
25.83%
Stock
74.17%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

My San Marino Blue. Yay? or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:52 PM
6894kevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO keep the tail's stock.

I love my SMB Z too, but those tails make it look like a cheap pos.

As for the wing i think it's great and the shift **** is soooo nice!

Please post up any more mods you do to your ride, it's hard for us SMB owners to see a mod on our color with so few of us right now. I want to do some body stuff but i have stuck with intake and larger exhaust for now.

All in All it's a sweet ride congrats man

Cheers

Kevin
Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
skochur

looks good where did u get that ****???
Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
blazed54

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Must get wheels, it may make the taillights not stick out as much and give it a totally clean look. And tint it if you havn't already.

It's got ceramic tint at 35% legal. Too many cops and tint fine is $220 for illegal tint here... If I were to get rims, is a drop necessary? like i said i think the car is pretty low stock and don't want to spend all that time worrying about scraping and angling over everything.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very clean. But the tail lights got to go. Just never felt they go with any car. But keep up the nice work.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:04 PM
ctwentytwo

Lets go to Nankuli... been practicing taking pics. I know it's a little scary, but the sunsets are beautiful. Lets go take some pics bro... need all the practice I can. BTW, car looks good, now just drop em. Where you from?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:08 PM
blazed54

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Lets go to Nankuli... been practicing taking pics. I know it's a little scary, but the sunsets are beautiful. Lets go take some pics bro... need all the practice I can. BTW, car looks good, now just drop em. Where you from?
Yes!!! I need someone to take pics for me. lol I'm so horrible at it I know my car looks 10x better in person but my pics are putting it to shame hehe i pm'd you my number i'm down to go take pics lmk. thx.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by skochur
looks good where did u get that ****???
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=tommy+kaira
Old 09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
PWSHHOCKEY44

JDM tails make it look like its just a hole, or its missing something at first glance. IMO either leave them stock or smoke them just a bit.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
KingOfV6

Keep the tails i have them on my Silver Alloy, and HEY u can switch them back to red, but with a socket set u can switch them out anytime u want, IMO they look aas good on your SMB as they do my silver alloy. The cf looks good on the SMB as well, It's just the angle and type of light that makes people think they look ricey or something as people call it, but THE FACT IS that when u hit the brakes, and when they light up....ITS a wayyyyy better effect then the stock led tails.....and sometimes u gotta standout man....just make sure it doesnt bother u that u have lights that belong on a JDM Z..GL HF
Old 09-06-2007, 05:40 PM
blazed54

Originally Posted by KingOfV6
Keep the tails i have them on my Silver Alloy, and HEY u can switch them back to red, but with a socket set u can switch them out anytime u want, IMO they look aas good on your SMB as they do my silver alloy. The cf looks good on the SMB as well, It's just the angle and type of light that makes people think they look ricey or something as people call it, but THE FACT IS that when u hit the brakes, and when they light up....ITS a wayyyyy better effect then the stock led tails.....and sometimes u gotta standout man....just make sure it doesnt bother u that u have lights that belong on a JDM Z..GL HF

Hey you got a point about standing out. I've never had so much as a second look at my Z cause there're so many here. But right after putting in my jdm tails and blitz spoiler, I got a 110 degree head turn as some guy driving a ford drove past me on the freeway . It probably helped that it was night time too so my lights stood out way more.. I like them they're growing on me.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like it all but the taillights. If keeping stock rims, go slightly wider on tires next time, and get spacers!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

go stock, or go JDM and just give me your stockers
Old 09-06-2007, 06:45 PM
fairlady rasir

nice car brah! where can i find the wing?

Originally Posted by KingOfV6
got pictures of your tails? thinking bout getting some as well.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
KingOfV6

Default Silver Alloy with JDM tails

Originally Posted by fairlady rasir
nice car brah! where can i find the wing?

got pictures of your tails? thinking bout getting some as well.
Yea sure, these pics are kind of old since then i had clear front reflectors put on, and these pics were right when i got my tanabe gf210's it got much lower in the rear, i hope you guys like these are from a while back and sorry i have no pics with the lights on that day, but its so good looking when they are lit, and sorry to say but i sold my Z the other day mainly because I am going out of the country to India for a while making plans soon to leave here, and my Rev-up had the oil consumption problem like no other, and i had these for about 8000 miles on the JDM Tails so if anyone wants to buy these ill be posting up in the forsale section soon, they are 100% mint c...thanks
Attached Thumbnails My San Marino Blue. Yay? or Nay?-111.jpg   My San Marino Blue. Yay? or Nay?-666.jpg   My San Marino Blue. Yay? or Nay?-333.jpg   My San Marino Blue. Yay? or Nay?-44.jpg   My San Marino Blue. Yay? or Nay?-122.jpg  

Last edited by KingOfV6; 09-06-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Super Avan Z33

I'll say keep the stock tails, I also like the wing, it'll even look nicer with some body kit go along with it.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
ssawa

I think on the SMB the clears look better, but the stock lights and SMB are pretty patriotic. However, on my Redline the stocks definitely look better.

Btw, where in Hawaii do you live. To have a Z and live in Hawaii, what could be better.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 PM
lilaznxboi08

i like the clears, its just one big huge waste of money so id rather keep the stocks.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:58 AM
BrickYardRed350

I would have so say to keep the stocks. I have an 03 and can't wait to get the stock led tail lights. It just looks cleaner.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Fooshe

I have to agree, keep the stocker tails. The JDM's wash out dark colors like SMB. They look much better on the silver cars.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:22 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by blazed54
Thx! will do when i get the time and money.
https://my350z.com/forum/body-exterior/291889-evo-r-blitzz-style-carbon-fiber-rear-lip-spoiler-spacial.html

This is the link to the original thread. I got it at the group buy price but you should pm jdmz33 for a price.
Thanks man! I sent him a PM

Quick Reply: My San Marino Blue. Yay? or Nay?