Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Napa Valley Scenic Shoot

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
X-Vert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To those that said it looks retarded... do you REALLY think he drives like that on daily basis? Thats wtf air suspension is for !

Look great man, keep it up.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM
TimeAttkZ

Originally Posted by X-Vert
To those that said it looks retarded... do you REALLY think he drives like that on daily basis? Thats wtf air suspension is for !

Look great man, keep it up.

...actually he does ride like that on a daily basis, know what your talking about before you open your mouth. Thats " WTF " reading is for.

Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ
-3.5 front, -9.5 rear daily driven. Yeah when I saved from photoshop I must have done "save as for web" which strips EXIF from what I remember. Were you looking for some specific data?

BTW guys, I have no problems with my car slipping or sliding around. Contrary to what you are probably thinking, the car stays fairly well planted to the ground. Toe settings are back into factory spec too. It takes real engineering to pull that off my friends

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 02-05-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
calin
Banned

holy camber batman!!
i dont even think the side of that tire even touches the ground..
Old 02-06-2008, 03:33 AM
BlaccZ33

gangsta dont ride airbag.......
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 AM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez dude you must go through tires every month with camber like that. And the ride quality is most likely suffering also.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Brick-Z

Very nice pictures. Really digging the Weds as well. Gonna keep it constructive and not mention the camber
Old 02-06-2008, 08:11 AM
taurran

What I think is interesting is that after a certain optimal camber degree, you're actually causing the wheels to be tucked even more.

You can see what I mean in the OP's first pics posted. With the huge camber, the top of the wheel are actually tucked back in the wheel well. The later picture with the more conservative camber looks better because the wheel is actually more flush.

I think the whole point of camber on a "VIP" style car is to allow fitment of the low offset wheels. You should only add enough that's required to allow the wheels to fit, and then stop. Any extra camber beyond that point just degrades tire life even further, and ends up looking ridiculous.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by taurran
What I think is interesting is that after a certain optimal camber degree, you're actually causing the wheels to be tucked even more.

You can see what I mean in the OP's first pics posted. With the huge camber, the top of the wheel are actually tucked back in the wheel well. The later picture with the more conservative camber looks better because the wheel is actually more flush.

I think the whole point of camber on a "VIP" style car is to allow fitment of the low offset wheels. You should only add enough that's required to allow the wheels to fit, and then stop. Any extra camber beyond that point just degrades tire life even further, and ends up looking ridiculous.
I agree. I was actually experimenting with the camber settings thats why I maxed my custom control arms on camber to see how it would look. I personally don't care for that much camber thats why I am going to back it out again so the wheels just sit flush with the fender at full down and literally use my tire as a bumpstop

As far as tire life, you guys need to realize that camber is only a little piece of the equation. Toe is what really kills tire life and my toe is back within OEM specs. Sure my tires wear uneven but thats why you flip tires so you can wear them evenly and gain extra life

And when you get free tires, who can complain huh?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

your car is dumped!!!!

looks hot though !

love ppw

edit: what rear spoiler is that?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
UrbanTacticZ

The entire bodykit is sponsored by Vertex. www.vertex-usa.com

Air suspension is sponsored by Universal Air Suspension: www.universalairsuspension.com
and also Dakota Digital: www.dakotadigital.com
Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
starve

This look is only for tha killaz and hundred dolla billaz.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Vertex350

The entire bodykit is sponsored by Vertex. www.vertex-usa.com

Air suspension is sponsored by Universal Air Suspension: www.universalairsuspension.com
and also Dakota Digital: www.dakotadigital.com
Vertex FTMFW! Hey P, can you PM me who your contact is at UAS? I'd like to send a proposal over there.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
NA350Z

Extreme is one thing, that is absurd, it looks like you have a broken axle or suspension component. car looks clean as hell, but the offset/camber it bogus.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
love the kit and wheels - just not feeling how it fits on there.

gotta fix that chamber
Old 02-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Vader007

I agree. I was actually experimenting with the camber settings thats why I maxed my custom control arms on camber to see how it would look. I personally don't care for that much camber thats why I am going to back it out again so the wheels just sit flush with the fender at full down and literally use my tire as a bumpstop

As far as tire life, you guys need to realize that camber is only a little piece of the equation. Toe is what really kills tire life and my toe is back within OEM specs. Sure my tires wear uneven but thats why you flip tires so you can wear them evenly and gain extra life

And when you get free tires, who can complain huh?

Wow, now I know you dont have a clue, toe has nothing to do with camber!
And both will wear tires equally.
If your feet were tires and you were pigeon toed, that would be toed in.
If you walked on the inside ***** of your feet, that would be camber.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:38 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by Vader007
Wow, now I know you dont have a clue, toe has nothing to do with camber!
And both will wear tires equally.
If your feet were tires and you were pigeon toed, that would be toed in.
If you walked on the inside ***** of your feet, that would be camber.
Ok now you lost me why you are educating me on toe and camber. I was merely stating that camber is only 1 piece of the equation when it comes to tire wear. Incorrect toe has a greater affect on tire wear as opposed to incorrect camber settings. Since camber is what I want, all I can do is put my toe back to within OEM specs so I am not killing tires with a double whammy. And the ONLY way you will EVER get your toe back into spec is with the amount of camber I am running is with custom engineered suspension pieces like the ones I posted pictures of before.

Trust me, I know all about camber and toe. I've had my fair share of even dealing with bumpsteer during my suspension prototyping phases when I was getting the custom RUCA's made out of billet aluminum.

You guys need to understand, this is an engineered look, not something that was slapped together If it was slapped together, do you think my ride quality would be near OEM with that craziness?

Last edited by UrbanTacticZ; 02-07-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
kaoskrayola

Love it.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 PM
B L U E S L A T E

Not bad, not bad at all.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
OffsetZ33

I like it - for sure not for everyone though. Actually I could never bring myself to go that extreme, but would love to just sit and look at it
Old 02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
ctzn
inquisative

While I personally find the car to look tasteless and tacky, I will offer constructive criticism as requested....

Considering overall design of the car, as a shape, as a work of art if you will, your wheels draw way too much attention and distraction from the body. The analogy of the face with too much plastic surgery is a perfect example, once the proportions and lines of the face are out of balance it creates a discrepancy to the overall aesthetic.

This car is much the same, while the wheels might draw a lot of attention and look very "blingy" thus installing a false sense of self worth, they take away from the simple beauty of the whole car. They are a distortion.

Art is about balance of many factors, overall creating a style that communicates and connects with the viewer, and this fails to achieve such a balance.

I understand some things are subjective, but that is my critique as an artist.

On a side note, I love the location and go up there often, is that on Silverado Trail?

Quick Reply: Napa Valley Scenic Shoot