Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Nismo V3 bumper pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexy7
Thanks for the coments, actually Im saving up for the new Greddy twinturbo kit that just came out for the vqhr engine . Also those front air diffusers serve a purpose so I don't think I will be hacking those gills unless its needed to retro fit the front mount intercooler.
I don't see any purpose of the center ones whatsoever other than added structural strength. The outer two probably are good to divert air outward to anything else to each side of that area. I'd personally trim out the center two as they just block a small amount of air flow.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:50 AM
PM-Performance

IM surpsied the Nismo guys aren't crying yet because you found one. They really thought people weren't going to be able to get Nismo body parts unless they had proof of ownership of an Authentic Nismo. lol.

What rear do you have on it?
I think the sides flow perfectly. I wouldnt change anything on that aspect. Id get the new Nismo wing though. That could look cool.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:58 AM
KYEXTAZ

i like it man..i say get the rest of the kit..glad my photoshop pic helped out

Last edited by KYEXTAZ; 03-07-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taurran
I don't see any purpose of the center ones whatsoever other than added structural strength. The outer two probably are good to divert air outward to anything else to each side of that area. I'd personally trim out the center two as they just block a small amount of air flow.
Altering the front bumper would definitely affect aerodynamics and downforce.

Those two center vanes, like the outer vanes, are shaped like a wing with flat and curved sections. The flat sections face inwards so flow would be slower in the center section, but how that effects things, I don't know.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by PM-Performance
IM surpsied the Nismo guys aren't crying yet because you found one. They really thought people weren't going to be able to get Nismo body parts unless they had proof of ownership of an Authentic Nismo. lol.
There have been a few members with the Nismo parts already. And I'm sure many more that we're not aware of.

Replicas are coming out anyhow, so it doesn't really matter. If someone wishes to make their car look a certain way, I don't have a problem with that. However, I hope that the V3 bumpers don't become as common as the V2 bumpers.

These OEM parts were supposed to be available only with VIN number of a NISMO, but Nissan just isn't that organized. If you look at the CSL parts for the BMW, those OEM pieces are still hard or even impossible to come by even with a seven year old car. Oh and Nissan was suppose to make only 1500 NISMOs, but that apparently isn't happening either.

It's a bit funny how the looks we're criticized, but people are now trying to buy parts.

V3 parts are ugly, stick with version 2.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Rexy, did you add the Nismo emblem yourself, or did that come with the bumper?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Sensi09
Altering the front bumper would definitely affect aerodynamics and downforce.

Those two center vanes, like the outer vanes, are shaped like a wing with flat and curved sections. The flat sections face inwards so flow would be slower in the center section, but how that effects things, I don't know.
It wouldn't effect downforce. It might split the air, but do you really think it makes a difference there? You don't want to interrupt air flow to an intercooler in any way.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Rexy7

Originally Posted by KYEXTAZ
i like it man..i say get the rest of the kit..glad my photoshop pic helped out
Thanks again for the photoshop kyextaz.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Rexy7

Rexy, did you add the Nismo emblem yourself, or did that come with the bumper?

I got the emblem from mynismo.com its genuine jdm
Old 03-07-2008, 01:01 PM
MrWatchDawg

i want that bumper
Old 03-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

It wouldn't effect downforce. It might split the air, but do you really think it makes a difference there? You don't want to interrupt air flow to an intercooler in any way.
I do believe the body parts were wind tunnel tested, so aerodynamics/downforce would surely be affected. Would you notice a difference, probably not. Then again, slightly blocking an intercooler probably wouldn't make much of a difference either. But that greddy won't be out for awhile.

If one is interested in only straight-line performance, the less downforce the better would probably be best on a street car.

Last edited by Sensi09; 03-07-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:10 PM
PM-Performance

[QUOTE=Sensi09]There have been a few members with the Nismo parts already. And I'm sure many more that we're not aware of.

These OEM parts were supposed to be available only with VIN number of a NISMO, but Nissan just isn't that organized. If you look at the CSL parts for the BMW, those OEM pieces are still hard or even impossible to come by even with a seven year old car. Oh and Nissan was suppose to make only 1500 NISMOs, but that apparently isn't happening either.
QUOTE]

I dont know who dreamed up the idea that Nissan was only going to sell to people with the VINS? It never happens that way. All car companies that sell a limited edition car sells the replacement parts to whomever wishes. I have never seen a problem getting limited edition parts.
Also with the 1500 statement. I knew that would happen too. same stuff happened with my Integra Type R. There were a few over the stated limit and the parts were more then readily avail to anyone.
Trust me. Nissan is not gonna lose out on a dollar because a bunch of people on My350z.com will get pissed because some lesser 350Z has authentic Nismo parts. Cash is king!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

^I agree, cash is king. No one is getting pissed or even bothered in the slightest about the parts though. At least not me.

There have been threads about this topic, and most NISMO owners on this board were indifferent about the subject.

The availability of V3 body parts should be helpful if a NISMO owner has a mishap. There was one member who waited for months for a V3 Nismo wing.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
taurran

I do believe the body parts were wind tunnel tested, so aerodynamics/downforce would surely be affected. Would you notice a difference, probably not. Then again, slightly blocking an intercooler probably wouldn't make much of a difference either. But that greddy won't be out for awhile.

If one is interested in only straight-line performance, the less downforce the better would probably be best on a street car.
I believe you're overanalyzing things. Vertical wings will not effect downforce. Downforce is created by force applied vertically on a solid plane. Those two center fins do nothing for downforce.

Anyway, this is going way OT and I dont want to ruin this thread. I'm done with any debate.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

I believe you're overanalyzing things. Vertical wings will not effect downforce. Downforce is created by force applied vertically on a solid plane. Those two center fins do nothing for downforce.

Anyway, this is going way OT and I dont want to ruin this thread. I'm done with any debate.
I admit, I only have basic knowledge on the subject, but from what I know, the body kit is designed to work together. Airflow from the front is directed in a manner so as to increase velocity under the car to the diffuser.

Greater velocity of air under the car equals less pressure. Slower moving air on top of the car equals a higher pressure pushing down on the car, yada yada yada.....downforce.

Again, will you notice a difference, probably not, but I do believe it will make a difference nonetheless.

To understand what happens to the air after that point, you need a wind tunnel, computational fluid dynamics and everything else.

Last edited by Sensi09; 03-07-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:20 PM
plastiketa

the bumper looks better with canards instead of the side markers

looks good though! i wasnt aware that they were selling the kit yet!
Attached Thumbnails New Nismo V3 bumper pics-zmcr.jpg  
Old 03-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Rexy7

Originally Posted by pearl350zzz
If Nissan had a orange color back in 2004, I would buy orange...just like yours

Very clean ride you got there!
Thanks, they had sunset lemans?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Shiftwell

Originally Posted by Rexy7
Just got my new V3 painted after cracking my old V2, had the lip painted looks more complete imo, overall I love it more than the v2 looks real mean looking. What do you think?
i dont know why, but kinda reminds me of the pacman ghosts
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Rexy7

Originally Posted by Shiftwell
i dont know why, but kinda reminds me of the pacman ghosts
LOL..the guy with the glasses isn't that dig dug?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:56 AM
buffmanjeff

V2 looks way better imo, but good job anyway

Quick Reply: New Nismo V3 bumper pics