Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Another Murdered Z!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 AM
highflyinkilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lights and lips on the rims provide the perfect contrast for the black.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
AUS10TAT10US

Andy, well according to everyone's account of murdered out, none of those cars are murdered out. Look at the chevy's headlights and that ugly orange strip, the Mercedes headlights, emblem, and indicators, GTR's indicators, door handle, wheels, emblem, headlights, side vent.

Come on now you guys, seriously? Arguing about the true meaning of "murdered out?"
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by AUS10TAT10US
Andy, well according to everyone's account of murdered out, none of those cars are murdered out. Look at the chevy's headlights and that ugly orange strip, the Mercedes headlights, emblem, and indicators, GTR's indicators, door handle, wheels, emblem, headlights, side vent.

Come on now you guys, seriously? Arguing about the true meaning of "murdered out?"
Well I guess everyone has their own opinion but according to the industry translation, the whole car needs to be a flat/matte finish. Doing the details like the emblem, door handles, etc is all subjective. Just because you paint the smaller details of your car black doesn't mean its murdered. The whole idea behind "murdered out" is to kill the gloss finish. Trust me, I heard the term "murdered out" more than 2 years ago when no one on this forum even knew about it. I, personally, wouldn't consider your car murdered out. I follow trends very closely, its a big part of what I do.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
GooDy151

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Well I guess everyone has their own opinion but according to the industry translation, the whole car needs to be a flat/matte finish. Doing the details like the emblem, door handles, etc is all subjective. Just because you paint the smaller details of your car black doesn't mean its murdered. The whole idea behind "murdered out" is to kill the gloss finish. Trust me, I heard the term "murdered out" more than 2 years ago when no one on this forum even knew about it. I, personally, wouldn't consider your car murdered out. I follow trends very closely, its a big part of what I do.
+ 11
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
AUS10TAT10US

Well then I suppose nobody's car on the forum is really murdered out, except for that matte black z, and even his taillights are still red I believe. But like you said everyone has their own opinion, and murdering out, imo, is putting as much black onto a black car as possible. Granted, I could put more, but compared to most other cars on the road and z's for that matter, I would consider mine murdered. Since it is subjective, there's no way of saying "Yours is absolutely not murdered," and be accepted as true like a lot of the previous comments would show. To each his own I guess. All good.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Redline_Burner

Murdered out means flat black. This isn't really considered "murdered out".

Examples:

I LOVE that Tahoe!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Well then I suppose nobody's car on the forum is really murdered out, except for that matte black z, and even his taillights are still red I believe. But like you said everyone has their own opinion, and murdering out, imo, is putting as much black onto a black car as possible. Granted, I could put more, but compared to most other cars on the road and z's for that matter, I would consider mine murdered. Since it is subjective, there's no way of saying "Yours is absolutely not murdered," and be accepted as true like a lot of the previous comments would show. To each his own I guess. All good.
Don't take what I say the wrong way. I'm not clowning on your car or anything but you referring to your car as "murdered out" is just not correct. People may have their own opinion of what "murdered out" is but that term originated from flat/matte black paint or vinyl of an entire car.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:48 AM
AUS10TAT10US

Again, your opinion. So you are saying everyone who considers themselves blacked out or murdered out is incorrect if they are not flat/matte black cause it was a term that originated for those specific cars? Give me a break, that would mean 99% of all black cars are not when they consider themselves murdered. Even if the origins were true, most people I would think, think of murdered as being a lot of black on the car, not really it being flat/matte black. Anyways, it's all good, we all got z's lol.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Again, your opinion. So you are saying everyone who considers themselves blacked out or murdered out is incorrect if they are not flat/matte black cause it was a term that originated for those specific cars? Give me a break, that would mean 99% of all black cars are not when they consider themselves murdered. Even if the origins were true, most people I would think, think of murdered as being a lot of black on the car, not really it being flat/matte black. Anyways, it's all good, we all got z's lol.
Again, you are taking this too personally. I'm trying to educate you, not bring you down. I'll tell you right now that if someone like me or anyone else that works in this industry saw this thread, they would share the same opinion that I have. For the sake of the argument; lets just say you were at an event, HIN, Showoff, whatever. If you were to tell judges that your car was murdered out, they would probably laugh in your face. Not to say that your car doesn't look good or anything like that but you are using the term in an improper way. But then again, who am I to say what is correct and incorrect is probably what you are thinking.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
AUS10TAT10US

But then again, who am I to say what is correct and incorrect is probably what you are thinking.
You got it!

But, lol by saying you are trying to educate me is bringing me down. I already understand you telling me where it originated from. I appreciate that. But saying to be murdered, you HAVE to have a flat/matte black car, is unfair bc that eliminates 99% of all people who think they are murdered. I would never bring my car to HIN bc half of those cars are ricers, and people who attend every yr are dwindling. That is neither here nor there though. Fun debate nonetheless.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 PM
needspeed

"99% of all people who think they are murdered."

think being the key word. to me "murdered" has always meant flat black. thats how it was explained to me a few years back so thats the translation I go with. Love the look of you car no matter what the definition is.

*I also knew a guy who told me his car was all chromed out. I was amazed and couldnt wait to see it. The only thing chrome was the rims, but he thought the whole car was chromed out because it was silver. Same idea I guess if you think about it!

Last edited by needspeed; 01-08-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

You got it!

But, lol by saying you are trying to educate me is bringing me down. I already understand you telling me where it originated from. I appreciate that. But saying to be murdered, you HAVE to have a flat/matte black car, is unfair bc that eliminates 99% of all people who think they are murdered. I would never bring my car to HIN bc half of those cars are ricers, and people who attend every yr are dwindling. That is neither here nor there though. Fun debate nonetheless.
Well if its offensive to you when I say I'm educating you than I have really nothing to say about that. FYI - I get paid to consult with companies on trend awareness and image consulting. Working at Performance Nissan isn't my only gig. I knew you would say you would never go to HIN etc, but like I stated in my last post, "FOR THE SAKE OF THE ARGUMENT". And you are right, 99% of the guys that have gloss black paint on their car and refers it to as "murdered out" is also incorrect. Fun debate indeed.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 PM
AUS10TAT10US

Originally Posted by needspeed
"99% of all people who think they are murdered."

think being the key word. to me "murdered" has always meant flat black. thats how it was explained to me a few years back so thats the translation I go with. Love the look of you car no matter what the definition is.

it's all good though, dont really matter

and thank you sir!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NOT MURDERED!! Wanna fight about it?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the industry would be well served to drop the term from its vernacular as a whole (like alot of other things it thinks it comes up with lolol)
Old 01-11-2009, 04:21 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bwahahaha.