Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 PM
BlackSpec02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That fob is pretty awesome... and for $20 too. Do you have to rip the guts out of your current fob and put em in that one? Or just program it?

Also, do you have to go to a special place to get the key cut or any place that cuts keys? What about the chip from inside the oem key?

I totally want one of those!!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:44 AM
o2sys

Do you notice any powerloss from the NISMO CAI from the revup airbox?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:35 AM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't driven it yet. I got some new parts the day after I got the CAI and I'm actually still working on the car. I was going to drive it after I installed it, but by the time I was done it was near midnight and I didn't want to wake up my family
Old 10-16-2009, 12:38 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Sent
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 PM
finalforce

I've been getting PM's recently about a DIY for the key fob. I believe there is one or two somewhere on this forum, but I'll go ahead and post how I did mine. Very very easy

TOOLS
- razor blade
- small tip screw driver
- krazy glue
- have the key cut at a local lock smith (I did mine at Home Depot for FREE)
- patience and carefulness

PROCEDURES
1. Use the razor blade to slide in between you key or spare
2. Lightly twist blade so that key separates slowly. Continue procedure on all four corners until key housing opens enough to part open with your hands.
3. There is a transponder inside that looks like a really really tiny SD card (black)
4. Use the razor to carefully trim around the transponder so you can pop it out (its glued on). Once it is out, put aside and work on key fob.
5. To open key fob follow steps one and two.
6. Remove the entire switch board (pops right off) and rubber button plank. You will use it to replace the one that came with the switch key.
7. Open your new switch key by simply prying it open with your hands (make sure it is unscrewed). There is a spring that winds the key to flip up. Be careful not to lose the spring because it is more than likely to pop out when you open it.
8. Take the transponder that you put aside and krazy glue it on the same area as it was originally located on the original key into the new switch key.
9. Once the transponder is glued on and the switch board and buttons are dialed in you're ready to put the spring in. You take the spring (unwounded) and place it on the spring mount of the key. Before setting the key down all the way, wind it backwards three times (1080) opposite of the direction it flips so that it has enough tension to flip when you press the button.
10. When everything is in place, take the other half of the switch key housing and carefully secure the fob like a sandwich.
11. Before screwing the three screws down, you can test the flip up by holding it together and pressing the button to make sure it works and that its strong enough to flip. If it's not, open it back up and turn the key (while still attached to spring) one extra revolution.
12. After testing is done and everything fits good secure screws (don't put on emblem yet) and test it on your car.
13. Finally, install the emblem (optional) and you are all set

NOTE: You DO NOT have to program your key "IF" you use your original or spare key transponder. If the dealer tells you otherwise and charges $50-$100 to program the key give them one of these

Some switch keys, depending on which one you buy, come with their own transponder. In this situation you can either use it or switch it out with the one on your original key. If you opt to not part out your key and use the transponder that came with the switch key then you "HAVE" to program it.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:40 PM
BlackSpec02

good info!

To clarify, do you end up re-using the buttons from your fob or does it come with new buttons?

Also, does it come with the emblem or do you need to somehow take the one off your original key?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:40 PM
*ICE*

Originally Posted by finalforce
I've been getting PM's recently about a DIY for the key fob. I believe there is one or two somewhere on this forum, but I'll go ahead and post how I did mine. Very very easy

TOOLS
- razor blade
- small tip screw driver
- krazy glue
- have the key cut at a local lock smith (I did mine at Home Depot for FREE)
- patience and carefulness

PROCEDURES
1. Use the razor blade to slide in between you key or spare
2. Lightly twist blade so that key separates slowly. Continue procedure on all four corners until key housing opens enough to part open with your hands.
3. There is a transponder inside that looks like a really really tiny SD card (black)
4. Use the razor to carefully trim around the transponder so you can pop it out (its glued on). Once it is out, put aside and work on key fob.
5. To open key fob follow steps one and two.
6. Remove the entire switch board (pops right off) and rubber button plank. You will use it to replace the one that came with the switch key.
7. Open your new switch key by simply prying it open with your hands (make sure it is unscrewed). There is a spring that winds the key to flip up. Be careful not to lose the spring because it is more than likely to pop out when you open it.
8. Take the transponder that you put aside and krazy glue it on the same area as it was originally located on the original key into the new switch key.
9. Once the transponder is glued on and the switch board and buttons are dialed in you're ready to put the spring in. You take the spring (unwounded) and place it on the spring mount of the key. Before setting the key down all the way, wind it backwards three times (1080) opposite of the direction it flips so that it has enough tension to flip when you press the button.
10. When everything is in place, take the other half of the switch key housing and carefully secure the fob like a sandwich.
11. Before screwing the three screws down, you can test the flip up by holding it together and pressing the button to make sure it works and that its strong enough to flip. If it's not, open it back up and turn the key (while still attached to spring) one extra revolution.
12. After testing is done and everything fits good secure screws (don't put on emblem yet) and test it on your car.
13. Finally, install the emblem (optional) and you are all set

NOTE: You DO NOT have to program your key "IF" you use your original or spare key transponder. If the dealer tells you otherwise and charges $50-$100 to program the key give them one of these

Some switch keys, depending on which one you buy, come with their own transponder. In this situation you can either use it or switch it out with the one on your original key. If you opt to not part out your key and use the transponder that came with the switch key then you "HAVE" to program it.
Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
good info!

To clarify, do you end up re-using the buttons from your fob or does it come with new buttons?

Also, does it come with the emblem or do you need to somehow take the one off your original key?

for reference, we have a whole thread dedicated to the fob itself.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...-flip-key.html
Old 10-16-2009, 06:41 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
good info!

The switch key comes with it's own buttons. I opted to use my original buttons. The emblem comes with the switch key.....actually there are two. The second one is extra

Last edited by finalforce; 10-16-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by *ICE*
for reference, we have a whole thread dedicated to the fob itself.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...-flip-key.html
Exactly Somehow I still get PM's on a DIY for this

I've been getting PM's recently about a DIY for the key fob. I believe there is one or two somewhere on this forum, but I'll go ahead and post how "I" did mine. Very very easy
Old 10-17-2009, 12:34 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PICS OR GTFO!!!

just kidding...thanks for the writeup
Old 10-17-2009, 01:23 AM
angryCOWofDOOM

beautiful car bro! i was wondering if you could take a close up picture of your license plate and where you connected it to your bumper & everything. i live in cali too & i get abused by cops all day. thanks!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:05 AM
finalforce

Thumbs up

Here's the new look for my rear end. In six weeks I went through three different setups and ended up going back to my first option

Freshly painted by Seven7Apple

Installed

My new booty

I didn't like how the support rods look on my bumper so I added more screws to hold down the splitter and remove the rods entirely.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:19 AM
*ICE*

what lens is that on your Nikon D60?? Very nice pics

btw, if you decide to sell any exterior parts of your car, let me know since we got the same color!

Last edited by *ICE*; 10-17-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:27 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

damn ur Z is SICK!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 PM
finalforce

^ What's up man, how is your car. I'm thinking of getting a new pair of shoes, but we'll see.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:00 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by *ICE*
what lens is that on your Nikon D60?? Very nice pics

btw, if you decide to sell any exterior parts of your car, let me know since we got the same color!
PM'd
Old 10-17-2009, 08:24 PM
meezie

way cleaner without the rods
Old 10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
vispre

yeah i wasnt feeling the rods at all but it looks CRAZY good right now.. leave it sir.

im glad you went with the nismo rear.. it compliments the rear diffuser nicely (as well as the sides).
Old 10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
johzp

^ What's up man, how is your car. I'm thinking of getting a new pair of shoes, but we'll see.
Whattt???? haha mike you gotta keep those SSR's! If not sell them to me =) im looking for new shoes too.

i guess you had a change of mind on those nismo rears with the diffuser. Looks good nonetheless!

Last edited by johzp; 10-17-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:26 PM
brandon3434

Your car seriously is perfect...You mind if I make a black version of it? ;-)

Quick Reply: finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire