Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

<<<<<<18"/19" te37>>>>>>

Old 03-01-2009, 05:23 AM
350zfun19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats up with all these show cars??? and yes that is a fake cage for looks. anyone who knows anything would advice against it. not safe at all. Im not trying to just single out the OP but alot of guys here just build useless cars that look good. idk i just would rather make my car a track car instead of a show car.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

^
To each their own!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 AM
BarefootRacer

^^. Dudes a freaking hater. Different strokes for different folks i assume but heres a "fake" roll cage that allowed this dude to walk away after rolling off a 70ft cliff at the dragon.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 AM
BLUby_U

beautiful.love th cage
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zfun19
whats up with all these show cars??? and yes that is a fake cage for looks. anyone who knows anything would advice against it. not safe at all. Im not trying to just single out the OP but alot of guys here just build useless cars that look good. idk i just would rather make my car a track car instead of a show car.
Because it's there daily driver?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car looks great, but I agree that a roll cage for the street is not recommended. Even if you're involved in a low speed accident, there's now a huge piece of metal for you to bang your head against.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:35 PM
350zfun19

Originally Posted by Sensi09
The car looks great, but I agree that a roll cage for the street is not recommended. Even if you're involved in a low speed accident, there's now a huge piece of metal for you to bang your head against.
at least im not alone.

Originally Posted by BarefootRacer
^^. Dudes a freaking hater. Different strokes for different folks i assume but heres a "fake" roll cage that allowed this dude to walk away after rolling off a 70ft cliff at the dragon.
thats not a cage on the s2000 its a roll bar. and just because i dont think its safe you call me a hater?

when ever someone on here shares their opinion they are called a hater... some of you need to grow up. ask any guy who actually tracks their car to look at that cage and see what they say..
Old 03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
ALO8

when ever someone on here shares their opinion they are called a hater... some of you need to grow up. ask any guy who actually tracks their car to look at that cage and see what they say..
Whats the difference between the cage op has and a track cage? Look the same to me
Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True, but all he's got to do to avoid that is to stick some cage padding on it, and it'll be good to go... Not all that big of a deal...

I hate how there's always conflict on the forum.. But hell, that's what the internet's for...

There's always more than one opinion
Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 AM
stein350z

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

really sick!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:32 AM
350zfun19

Originally Posted by xxxlino
Whats the difference between the cage op has and a track cage? Look the same to me
the cusco cage is not legal in any type of racing (except for D1). its also 100% bolt on. a real cage should be welded properly in the car to meet FIA and other regulations.

Last edited by 350zfun19; 03-02-2009 at 05:34 AM. Reason: missed a word
Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

Your car looks SO FAWKIN SICK
Old 03-02-2009, 06:48 AM
jubes

Ummm.. for one... that cage is not fake, I've seen his car in person. Don't judge until you know for sure. This is why you're getting frowned upon or in your perspective a "hater." And if you've heard the phrase, "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself." I'd abide by that just to save face. Besides, he didn't post a thread about his Volks for someone to scrutinize his cage, if he asked for your opinion about his cage, he would've created a thread for that and your opinion would've been valued, so just stick to the subject.

There was a recent posting (sorry for not remembering the username) but he was involved in a low speed accident (45mph) where his car flipped over and crushed his C-4 through C-7 vertebrates... don't you think this cage would've helped prevent that? I'm not saying that this would be a common occurence and that cages are a recommended thing, but when you get behind that wheel, anything is bound to happen.

All in all, I would say just stick to the subject, and all he asked was for your opinion on his wheels, nothing else... geez.

Last edited by jubes; 03-02-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 AM
jaaf

looks great bro, forget all that cage shizzz, ur car is AMAZING! im lookin to present a similar set up with my work emos...
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I love the fact that you have an awesome stance awesome rims and some meat on those rims. That is how it should be. Not the wek sos streatched 235 on a 10. Beautiful setup. That setup with that drop on a Nismo with gunmetal(match the lowers) would look beautiful.

Keep it up man.

Chris

and Jubes to some a bolted in cage is considered fake. Unless he welded the Cusco one together. Or this was a custom one built and painted cusco blue None the less this car look AWESOME.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:11 AM
350zfun19

Jubes i dont think you get what i mean by fake. Im sure its a real cusco cage. About the guy that rolled, he probably would of got hurt even worse with that cage or any cage. you should read up on them and then you would understand that its not safe to have one in a street car specially that one. and you are right it is off topic so ill stop.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
jubes

Originally Posted by NA&CH
I love the fact that you have an awesome stance awesome rims and some meat on those rims. That is how it should be. Not the wek sos streatched 235 on a 10. Beautiful setup. That setup with that drop on a Nismo with gunmetal(match the lowers) would look beautiful.

Keep it up man.

Chris

and Jubes to some a bolted in cage is considered fake. Unless he welded the Cusco one together. Or this was a custom one built and painted cusco blue None the less this car look AWESOME.

Jubes i dont think you get what i mean by fake. Im sure its a real cusco cage. About the guy that rolled, he probably would of got hurt even worse with that cage or any cage. you should read up on them and then you would understand that its not safe to have one in a street car specially that one. and you are right it is off topic so ill stop.
My thing was the way it was stated which came of as offensive to me, and Nino (jd714) is a really chill and cool guy. He and his cousin do most of their own bodywork, which to me, is a lot because not many, atleast in so cal, do that type of stuff, everyone here looks for professionals to do it. I just thought that your opinion on the roll cage could've been phrased more constructively then demeaning. I see your purpose on criticizing on not having one for safety issues which makes it a valid and constructive comment, so were all good now.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by jubes
There was a recent posting (sorry for not remembering the username) but he was involved in a low speed accident (45mph) where his car flipped over and crushed his C-4 through C-7 vertebrates... don't you think this cage would've helped prevent that? I'm not saying that this would be a common occurence and that cages are a recommended thing, but when you get behind that wheel, anything is bound to happen.

All in all, I would say just stick to the subject, and all he asked was for your opinion on his wheels, nothing else... geez.
Well the subject came up in this thread so I'm just commenting on it. As far as that accident, well if you wish to stay on the subject, I don't see why you bring this up. Could a cage have prevented his injuries, who knows. Without a six point harness and all the other safety equipment, probably not.

I believe I may have met the owner of this car before and he seems like a cool guy, but if you're his friend, you should really consider his safety or the safety of anyone else riding in his car.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
jubes

Well the subject came up in this thread so I'm just commenting on it. As far as that accident, well if you wish to stay on the subject, I don't see why you bring this up. Could a cage have prevented his injuries, who knows. Without a six point harness and all the other safety equipment, probably not.

I believe I may have met the owner of this car before and he seems like a cool guy, but if you're his friend, you should really consider his safety or the safety of anyone else riding in his car.
Oh, it was just a rebuttle on your statement, that's all. When you said low speed I remembered reading someone with the thread saying he's typing with one hand or finger, and all of this was from 45mph crash, which to me is low speed. So yeah, it was just a rebuttle.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
350zfun19

Sorry if i came off that way man I didnt mean to. Im a tech so I work on cars for a living and also do all the work on my car myself, so I definitely have respect for anyone who does their own work. He should keep up the good work but seriously think about the mods he chooses. as in thinking about safety and driveability of his car if it is a DD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: <<<<<<18"/19" te37>>>>>>