Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video
View Poll Results: Is my car hot or not??
Hot!
9.97%
Somewhat warm
28.25%
Cold
13.30%
Not!
48.48%
Voters: 361. You may not vote on this poll

Is my car HOT or NOT???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by EnthuZiast
Must paint the kit to match.
Agree... and the kit I think that's one color that does not match up well with the CF set up. Overall I like it
Old 12-03-2003, 04:34 PM
3 FIVE O Z

I try not to miss an opportunity when someone leaves a door open so I'll let myself in. You do not buy a C/F kit and throw paint on it, at the same time you do not go and get light weight performance enhancing mods like C/F and then throw on some heavy bling blingy wheels. But really though IMO you should do what makes you happy and what makes your car unique, and not be another Z in the herd. Moo.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Originally posted by 3 FIVE O Z
I try not to miss an opportunity when someone leaves a door open so I'll let myself in. You do not buy a C/F kit and throw paint on it, at the same time you do not go and get light weight performance enhancing mods like C/F and then throw on some heavy bling blingy wheels. But really though IMO you should do what makes you happy and what makes your car unique, and not be another Z in the herd. Moo.
The question here is should he go with the Leman Sunset with the CF set up. Please help him gauge opinion. That's what he wanted and from your answer is go with this set up? Since you don't paint CF? I love CF, but I like it more on a black car, white car, blue car.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:03 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by 3 FIVE O Z
Actually those wheels are Very light compared to Stock..And as for the c/f hood..its actually heavier than stock..our hood is aluminum and VERY VERY light as it is so a C/F hood on our cars is strictly for looks..So why would I paint C/F???As for me I personally dont like c/f on Blue cars.White yes,black definitely,silver too..but not blue..In fact I really dont like the D/B Z's at all...
Old 12-03-2003, 05:42 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree with others about painting the CF parts. theres WAY too much contrast and it really cuts into the body lines (ie, the front spoiler, sides to the rear)
Not to say paint it to match, after all it is CF and still nice to show it off. Suggest a TINT color. seen it on a few CF hoods (light, transparent tint of color)

Heres a Photochop of what I mean. color tinted the CF parts (smoke the grill and side markers to match) The grille wasn't working for me, WAY too busy (plus looks like a razor)
Attached Thumbnails Is my car HOT or NOT???-new.jpg  
Old 12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Hank Scorpio

Lose the stickers and match the colors. The rims with a matching kit would look awesome on that car. There's just too much going on right now...
Old 12-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Psyc0

I like the CF but agree it needs to be painted or at least tinted, new rims should b necessary and the grill needs to go but according to u its gone.... so ya just paint/tint the CF... i have even seen a candy coat on CF that looked reallly good.... just need a little more flow to the car instead of the 2 tone and busy wheels... basically what everyone else said.... but it definitely has the potential
Old 12-03-2003, 07:03 PM
BJF2K

I say grille and rim ( too many spokes) other than that it would be HOT
Old 12-03-2003, 07:27 PM
johnwoo

i actually like it the way it is except for the rims. the wheels are too busy with the multispokes. a simple five spoke design would be nice. the two tone is original and doesn't look as bad with the cf hood and some stickers. just my opinion
Old 12-03-2003, 08:09 PM
slay2k

Just paint most of that the same color and you'll be fine...
Old 12-03-2003, 08:10 PM
daking350
Banned

Alot of people have commented on the 2 tone paint job which I expected..But it seems no one likes my wheels..I am surprized that alot of people told me to loose the wheels.I personally dont like the volk 5 or 6 spoke look..I do like the Racing hart c4's but not right now..The painting I may do over the winter if I keep the kit...
Old 12-03-2003, 08:28 PM
twenzel

It would be hot without the stickers and some black housings on the headlights.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:41 PM
jeffrey

Paint it all one color and lose the grill, the wheels won't look nearly as busy then.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:47 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted Not!

reason being, the mixed matched kit looks like a Jack-o-lantern and the wheels have too many spokes.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:10 AM
IndySmooth

If anyone wants to pay for my time like I make clients do, I'll gladly spend more than 5 mins on a chop

Btw, that lip is a royal ***** to color match so I left it with a tint instead.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:10 AM
IndySmooth

Attached Thumbnails Is my car HOT or NOT???-lemanscfchop2.jpg  

Last edited by IndySmooth; 12-04-2003 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:39 AM
Dubby

I would like the car to be all one color (just my opinion)
Old 12-04-2003, 05:45 AM
jckolnturn

I saw your car in person at NJ before the body kit and at XX tuning and your pics do not do it justice, it looks much better in person. I think you just have too much going on with the stickers and the grill. Your wheels are your wheels that's just a personal decision. I don't care for carbon fiber hoods or scoops but that you seem to really like so keep that too. I think you should just ditch the grill and the stickers unless you're getting paid to keep them on. The kit looks good not painted, it makes it stand out. Why would spend the money for CF then cover it anyway. On a side note, I noticed that you said you don't like the DB. Sunset orange is the exact opposite of the daytona blue on the color wheel. Try reversing the colors on a paint or photo shop program it's pretty cool. I like that you had the sack to put something like this out there and not get all pissy and whiny when people offered their honest opinions even when they weren't so nice.

Last edited by jckolnturn; 12-04-2003 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:50 AM
jckolnturn

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
I voted Not!

reason being, the mixed matched kit looks like a Jack-o-lantern and the wheels have too many spokes.
What's wrong with Jack-o-lanterns?
Old 12-04-2003, 06:09 AM
ChuckGZ

First off, respect must be paid for all the work you've put into your ride. Aesthetics are particular to every individual and difficult to justify with logic, in the same way that it's hard to describe what makes the woman you love beautiful to you when she may not be to someone else. But for guys like me who are still in the beginning stages of modding their Z's, rides like yours help guide the imagination in new directions.

Having said that, since you asked for an opinion: Lose the rims (please), grille's gotta go. I like the hood, keep it. I'm in the minority here, but i like the color scheme. It's reminiscent of the cars i used to watch my dad and uncles work on in the garage when i was growing up. Kind of an old Chevy Nova straight 6 feel to it. yeah, i know that's "joe dirt"ish. but i think maybe that's where you were coming from too.

Quick Reply: Is my car HOT or NOT???