Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:49 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Neu Era
passenger looked pretty effing excited.

You set em up, I knock em down.

Edit: Nigel looks nothing like me- face, skin tone, build, ect. lol.

Last edited by phreaktor; 05-17-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
kno

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by dikspiel
when did phreaktor get a 370z?
lol i was thinking the samething

op the car sounds great, i wish i was that dude
Old 05-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol

Originally Posted by Alberto
That was as boring as 500whp can be.

The lack of interaction between the 2 guys made it awkward, and the thing didn't even spin 2nd. No fun.

The build video is very nicely done though!
I agree with this.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phreaktor
I want to take a ride in a boosted Z so damn bad man....
One launch in my GTR and you'll have a gigantic smile on your face.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:04 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony@PMsport
I wanted to "try" and capture any kind of funny facial expression. Mounting where you say would not allow me to get that view.
This is an old a$$ video, but listen to the passenger nervously laughing and making funny noises! He didnt even realize he did that until afterwords when I told him he had done it, and he watched the vid. He never got in my car again. This was weaksauce 525whp at the time.

Point is, you cant see any of us, but the passenger forgets he has a camera in the car (even though he is holding it lol) and the audio makes up for it!!!! Also, if you're going to take somebody for a ride, do it properly

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4512591&hl=en#

Last edited by Alberto; 05-18-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Anthony@PMsport
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an old a$$ video, but listen to the passenger nervously laughing and making funny noises! He didnt even realize he did that until afterwords when I told him he had done it, and he watched the vid. He never got in my car again. This was weaksauce 525whp at the time.

Point is, you cant see any of us, but the passenger forgets he has a camera in the car (even though he is holding it lol) and the audio makes up for it!!!! Also, if you're going to take somebody for a ride, do it properly

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4512591&hl=en#
I was unaware he did it improperly...

This was a 2 minute ride down a short block, turn around, and back... I dont know what you were expecting... Just take the vid for what it is. But again, I would rather have facial expressions (which were lacking in this vid) then giggles.

So, point is, he took a customer for a short ride down the block in his car bc the guy asked. He wasn't going to take him for a ride on the free way and top the car out or slide it around or spin through his gears and waste his brand new tires..... Last minute I decided to add the camera for the heck of it.... Too many critics on here lol. Just enjoy or dont...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

You dont take criticism well do you? Realistically, do you think anybody is going to enjoy a 500 or 1500whp Z if the guy barely gets on it?

You guys are the same PM that had the drag cars back in the day right? If so, do you still have it?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Anthony@PMsport
Vendor - Former Vendor

You dont take criticism well do you? Realistically, do you think anybody is going to enjoy a 500 or 1500whp Z if the guy barely gets on it?

You guys are the same PM that had the drag cars back in the day right? If so, do you still have it?
lol It's all good. I take criticism fine, I just try to get my point across when needed. He wasn't going to go full out banging through gears and what not, god forbid something happened with a customer in the car ya know? And yes, we still have the car. It will be back in the public eye eventually.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

You guys have that Silverstone 6MT car right? The one Rubio drove? Do you still do any work or engine assembly thru Vinny/VTR?

I was watching some of those old school vids the other day, good stuff.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Anthony@PMsport
Vendor - Former Vendor

You guys have that Silverstone 6MT car right? The one Rubio drove? Do you still do any work or engine assembly thru Vinny/VTR?

I was watching some of those old school vids the other day, good stuff.
Actually we have the car here. Since Vinny's termination with Performance Motorsport in 2006 we have no sort of affiliation with Vinny or VTR what so ever.

Our current VQ programs are based on development gained since then.

A good example of our current VQ program would be Project Zed.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:02 AM
themadhatterxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol what's the problem?
That service road he's on has moderate traffic during the day and occasionally patrol cars. Maybe it was the guy's first time experiencing FI...I know my first time in an FI car in the passenger seat wasn't all that pleasant. Guy floored it in a residential neighborhood thru a tight one lane street in his STI and I had the sinking feeling of wanting to jump out. I don't know Nigel's driving skills enough but I sure as hell wouldn't be thrashing and screaming in my seat like it was a rollercoaster because I don't want to distract the driver. Not everyone's gonna react the same way.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:43 PM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by Anthony@PMsport
Actually we have the car here. Since Vinny's termination with Performance Motorsport in 2006 we have no sort of affiliation with Vinny or VTR what so ever.

Our current VQ programs are based on development gained since then.

A good example of our current VQ program would be Project Zed.
project ZED, I did a quick google search and it looks like project Zed was the Z that was driven by Vinny Ten(orange car). Is this the same car that was just built over in Europe I could be mistaken.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 PM
themadhatterxxx

I'm gonna be there this Friday morning guys. I will have Nigel take me for a ride and we're gonna re-do this shoot, Anthony. I will have my game face on for you all.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Onfzet1xxs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&fs=1&start=162"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Onfzet1xxs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&fs=1&start=162" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-19-2011, 05:32 AM
Anthony@PMsport
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
I'm gonna be there this Friday morning guys. I will have Nigel take me for a ride and we're gonna re-do this shoot, Anthony. I will have my game face on for you all.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Onfzet1xxs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&fs=1&start=162"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Onfzet1xxs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&fs=1&start=162" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
hahahaha. alright
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 AM
JDMFairlady21

Originally Posted by AlwaysNBoost
project ZED, I did a quick google search and it looks like project Zed was the Z that was driven by Vinny Ten(orange car). Is this the same car that was just built over in Europe I could be mistaken.
not the same car. same chassis, but more developed now.

engine program is COMPLETELY different from the old orange car back then. that old engine program died when the team was disbanded. everything is based off of newer and better things that have come up within the last few years.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:56 PM
_STEVEO_01

Such enthusiasm...
Old 05-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Kal_El

car pulls, but the video I'm sure doesnt do it justice.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Anthony@PMsport
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kal_El
car pulls, but the video I'm sure doesnt do it justice.
Yea the video really does it no justice. There will be a feature video of this car coming soon. That will do the car justice. We're just waiting to get some things in order first.