Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

IcanHaz progress thread ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 PM
IcanHaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IcanHaz progress thread ?

Hello everyone, I have owned my z for the past 5 years and I am just now deciding to make a progress thread. I bought my z in january of 2009, it was an 04 with 40k miles and came with the rare color liquid aluminum.

Over the past 5 years I have been adding parts to make my car the ultimate all around street car. The first thing I added to my car was a veilside body kit. Now if your wondering if it's real or not.. I don't know for sure lol sounds bad but it's true. It had veilside stamped into the side skirts and the rear bumper and sides had a serial number that was in the fiberglass. If it is real it would have to be one of the first batch to come from veilside before any replicas came out because they started adding those stainless steel veilside badges to the sides and rear. If you want to make your own conclusion I saved the link to the thread where I bought it from. It was for sale on the forums here but it has been since deleted. here

UPDATE 4/30/14: After talking to some knowledgeable members on here I believe the body kit is genuine Veilside.

The wing was added later on, I believe it is genuine because it has the same veilside logo on the back side of it but I'm still not 100%. The person before me that had it filled in the spot where the veilside emblem goes. I got the wing from xsmobe for those of you who know him.

For the wheels I made up my mind right when I saw them. The Volk GTS mercury silver in the perfect +17/+18 offset. It took me awhile to save enough money but I finally saved and bought them and they are worth every penny.

Here are some pics of when I first got it, when I fit the body kit on and after I got it painted.

Here's the car as of now:

Im going to update this with brakes/suspension, engine and interior next post

Last edited by IcanHaz; 05-15-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

don't usually like the veilside kit but with the volks and bbk you pull it off pretty nice. also interesting to see it without the wider rear fenders.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:06 PM
07maximan

I think it looks great. Not a big fan of the wing though.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:16 PM
IcanHaz

Default Brakes/Suspension

For my Suspension I tried lowering springs. You know your suspension is worn when lowering springs raises your car up lol. Even though I did go for the tein h-tech springs it did raise my car up some. Then it was time for coilovers. I researched many diff coil overs and found that the BC racing coils to be perfect for what I wanted. I matched this with a pair of Hotchkis sway bars and spc camber kit and toe bolts.

For my Brake setup I always thought the brembos were just enough for my application but with a stroke of luck I actually made money by switching to some Rotora 6/4 BBK in blue. For performance there is no comparison to the brakeing power that a aftermarket BBK adds compared to the stock brembos imo. Not saying the brembos are bad, they are a great upgrade from stock which i started out with.

For my engine I always wanted the vortech. Before I got the vortech I was na and made like 240whp and I wasn't satisfied with that so I added a zex nitrous kit and still wasn't satisfied so I finally gave in and my bank acct took a hit. I wanted the vortech mainly because the reliability, power and the sounds it made. I bought a tuner kit and went with the 2.87 pulley straight from the start. It made 425whp and 362tq which is around what I wanted.

Current Engine mods:
Vortech sc
Kinetix manifold
Kinetix HFC
one piece charge pipe
ams lightweight pulley set
stillen headers
HKS Hi-power cat-back
JWT clutch and flywheel

I have gone through a few diff engine bay setups from which I am satisfied with how it looks now justing waiting on my rare jdm harness to come in the mail.

Here is the current set up I did a engine wire tuck which wasn't so bad but I also did the body wire tuck and I will never do that again. It was such a pita but I got it done:

For my interior I only have one pic its when I had the zex nitrous in the car.
Current Interior mods
Blox shift ****
Glowshift oil temp and boost gauges
K harness bar
Works bell QR and hub
Personal Steering wheel
fake takakta harness (temporary)
Veilside vsd-1 reclinable seats in carbon fiber (not installed waiting on seat bracket to come in.)

I will update my interior once my seat brackets come in so I can have something to show

Last edited by IcanHaz; 02-13-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 PM
IcanHaz

Heres to show its not only meant to look good but it performs awesomely heres some pics at a drift event in nola
Old 02-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Johnny 5

I actually enjoyed going through your story and pics so far! I'm assuming you are still on the VLSD? Very nice engine setup as well!

P.S. Those wheels....drooool
Old 02-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Landon_G03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean z! Let me know if you ever wanna change goods
Old 02-06-2014, 06:57 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 02-06-2014, 07:17 AM
IcanHaz

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
don't usually like the veilside kit but with the volks and bbk you pull it off pretty nice. also interesting to see it without the wider rear fenders.
Thanks, I actually have the authentic wide body fenders but Ive been undecided on whether or not to add them for a long time.

Originally Posted by 07maximan
I think it looks great. Not a big fan of the wing though.
Thanks lol yes I know the wing is huge especially with the stock sides makes it look even bigger

Originally Posted by Johnny 5
I actually enjoyed going through your story and pics so far! I'm assuming you are still on the VLSD? Very nice engine setup as well!

P.S. Those wheels....drooool
Thank you very much sir! and you are correct I am still on the stock VSLD with plans of eventually upgrading to an aftermarket LSD.

Originally Posted by Landon_G03z
Clean z! Let me know if you ever wanna change goods
Haha will do, what part of MS are you from ??
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Great all around car! Love seeing a car being used and abused

Chris
Old 02-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Landon_G03z

The southern part! Lol. Just to the west of mobile, al and just to the east of Biloxi
Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 PM
IcanHaz

Originally Posted by Landon_G03z
The southern part! Lol. Just to the west of mobile, al and just to the east of Biloxi
Wow you are actually really close to me lol, I'm about an hour from both mobile and biloxi. You ever attend any meets or shows ?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:37 PM
IcanHaz

I found another interior shot that shows my works bell QR and personal steering wheel. Also some pics of my seats I'm dying to put in. Just waiting on a bride seat rail for the passenger side to come in. I got the seats from Muzzy's car for the people that know him.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Landon_G03z

Originally Posted by IcanHaz
Wow you are actually really close to me lol, I'm about an hour from both mobile and biloxi. You ever attend any meets or shows ?
Man.. I have tried. Multiple times. I've went to pascagoula, there is a crew that calls theirself "gulf coast tuner syndicate" they left a business card under my wiper one day so I went to a meet. I was the only 350 there, but there was 1 z31 n/a and about 10-15 mixed varieties of Hondas. Everyone was like hey meet chuck. He supercharged his b16 and got it up to like 200hp!

So I tried mobile. Went out, that was the clickiest car meet I've ever been to. I got out of my car and was admiring a really nice s14 on meisters, 1 other 350, and a couple ford lightnings and mustangs who claimed to be bored and stroked. No one said a word to me while I was there except my buddy that drives an audi a4 except for a kid in a bone stock g6 with exhaust. Came flying over and was like, damn an audi! Y'all trynna race tonight? Whey do is meet at the old academy and then drive to i65 and street race.. So we left and never went back.

Moral of that story, no. I don't go to any local meets. Lol.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Landon_G03z

By the way, I live in Jackson county to be more specific.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:11 PM
IcanHaz

Just a small update with the new seats installed Name:  SAM_0017_zps5125c247.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  81.2 KBName:  SAM_0020_zps84a4be46.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  66.7 KB
Old 02-26-2014, 03:27 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Love the seats. Looking good!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:21 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer this kit in black and dark gray.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Ser_Z

Great Car! Everything looks well thought out blue brakes and silver car color works Pulled off the Vs kit nice usually I'm not a fan but it works for you idk y it just dose look nice.

Can't wait till summer now.

Got so many parts yet not able to put them in yet..Snow....salt...and mic chemicals on the road.. :/
Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 PM
IcanHaz

Originally Posted by saywat?
I prefer this kit in black and dark gray.
You mean the exact colors of the car from tokyo drift?

Lol jk I know what you meant.

Quick Reply: IcanHaz progress thread ?